So... Thresh

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greas3

02-13-2013

Thresh has too much armor, other than that he seems generally very strong. The armor though is a bit much.

Menea6587

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakenbourrough View Post
He's a better bruiser than babysitter. I cry every time I see Thresh rush a sightstone, but he does work as a support.
Except all bruisers, supports, and junglers would like the hp and free wards from buying SS...

Felaedor

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNmAn621 View Post
He literally trucks through not lane with Draven.
Piltover Customs Blitz is about as close as you can get to "literally" trucking.

I'm sorry. I just ****ing hate it when people use that word when they really mean "figuratively".

That being said, Thresh is broken as ****. Q, E, and R are slightly UP - balanced, but W when used optimally is just gamebreaking by its very nature. Non-gap closer melee are balanced BECAUSE they lack gap closers, and the ability to give them a 1500 range one is just ridiculous.

Mephew

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosthaven View Post
Now let's stop talking about thresh before he gets nerfed, mkay?
They can't really nerf him without touching his utility. They could raise the mana costs, But i've managed my mana so I have never really gone oom. When he become Fotm, he'll become banned, nerfed, and still banned, like blitz

Hammsuke

02-13-2013

OP krepo even thinks so super tanky great utility and his ulti does great dmg bcz of his passive and the 100% ratio.

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Add 1 part thresh, 1 part aggroraka, mix in bottom lane, and serves the entire enemy team!

Riot Frosthaven

02-13-2013

And let's not forget how great it is to be able to use your lantern to spot check brush and collect souls from a distance!

orakio

02-13-2013

I like the state that Thresh is in right now. He can be an initiator or peeler/zone control in teamfights depending on what your team needs (although better at second than first imo due to delay on Q) but does require more teamwork and understanding from your teammates than most supports do. Damage is relatively low when built as support outside of ultimate, and his cc isn't the most reliable and these are the primary factors that keep him balanced imo.

He isn't super mana reliant tbh, most of his early lane harassment will come from auto-attacks with his Q passive. Great with health items, doesn't need to build as a pure support, but does need some help in the MR department if you are going to be a front liner for your team.

Locket of Iron Solari, Ruby Sightstone, and other Kindle Gem built items are your friends on Thresh imo. Get that CDR up for peeling/pulling and health up for survival and you are in a good place. Makes a great Bulwark carrier lategame too since he needs the MR and it comes with Solid hp. Don't expect to solo kill anyone though building like that.

Lategame has some of the best scaling for a support in the game, be diligent with your soul collection and you will be hugely rewarded.

Ony74

02-13-2013

I gotta say, he is my go to support in solo que right now. I do not use anyone else. For people who like to be aggressive, he is the unbanned Blitz.

DemothHymside

02-13-2013

The problem with Thresh is that your team HAS to work with you from the get go. You will lose laning phase if no one uses your lantern, or doesn't jump on the person you hooked with your Q.

Thresh is also not as inherently tanky as Blitz with his passive and Taric with his steroid (and armor shred).

You can build Thresh tanky for sure, but I've never had trouble killing a Thresh like my problems killing a Taric or other tanky supports.

Of course, if you're really coordinated with your bot lane, Thresh will dominate with the ADC.

I expect pro players will eventually dominate with him and he'll get nerfed.