New ranked system (somewhat "ranty")

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellbentbleu

02-13-2013

This is just my opinion but the new ranking system sucks.. After it was released I played a good 20 or so games and actually (by some miracle) didn't get trolls and won about 50-70% of them. After about 10 wins you finally get to that promotional series.. yeah it's a great feeling. But then it becomes really high pressured and all it takes is 2 games with random trolls or idiots (for lack of a politically correct term) and it just feels like everything you've done was all for nothing. I liked how in the old system you win a couple games, go up a few numbers and then it stayed that way until you lost a significant amount of games. Now it just feels like an incredible amount of risk for very little to no reward just to play ranked solo... for example before this new system I was at 1191 elo. And then had a bloody horrid loss streak which put me down to about 980 again. Then this new system came out and I managed to win, like I said about 13-17 games. And I have gotten, very literally No where. I'm in the same division, just sitting here wondering why it feels like league of legends is actually a waste of time to play ranked now..

TL;DR: New ranked system sucks, feels like you don't advance at all.

And since I just shared my opinion on the internet.. bring on the hate.

Caitha

02-13-2013

I completely agree. The "2 wins or back to zero" system puts too much pressure on players. However I still think it's better than the old system - it was that bad.

Apocrophox

02-14-2013

I really like the new system, the pressure is a good thing. Have you ever played golf? It feels the exactly same way.
And, btw, how do you think a pro player feel in a tournament?
If you dont want pressure you can play a normals and have fun, like I do most of the time. When you feel the need for some challenge, go ranked, it's working really well for me.
I guess, if you're eager to quickly climb in the ranks the new system might be a problem.

Cheers mate.