Poppy's Judgement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dv02

02-13-2013

Poppy’s Judgement

OBSERVATION:

As Poppy tread along the marble halls, she took in the architecture. Her small yordle frame was shining from head to toe in armor, equipped with her shield and trusty hammer, Whomper. Her mind was wandering the jungle of her duties as Bandle City's ambassador to Demacia. However her mind was quickly cleared when she approached a large set of double doors. Poppy analyzes the doors for any clue as what to expect, but gain no information except from the inscription.

“The truest opponent lies within.”

With a bit of pride she chokes up on Whomper, barely giving the phrase a second thought. Poppy takes a breath to keep calm, checks her armor one more time, adjusts the shield and takes several steps toward the door.
The doors open, as though expecting her, only to reveal the awaiting darkness. The obsidian panthers mark the direction forward, and she diligently proceeds.

REFLECTION:

In the black cloud, the smell of morning dew and tree sap became apparent. The dark fog soon lifted to show a beautiful day with the sun raining down on the warm temperate climate.. Poppy could hear the birds and animals in the wilderness, which seemed to give her pause to her average hectic life style. Her mood soon shifted from relaxed to fear-struck. Her eyes widened as she realized where she was: on the path between Bandle City and Demacia.

“No.” she silently pleaded.

Poppy knew this area well. She has long since scoured this road for any clues to the incident that day. This was where her father died. She shifted a few feet into a bush to get a better vantage point and choked down on Whomper and choked up on her shield. She began looking for any sign of Noxians or her father. The dirt was barely traveled and there was no sign of ambush. Soon enough, she heard the sound of a cart in the distance, the jingle of two yordles on the road. She remained stoic, waiting and watching for any sign of danger. The traveling yordles came into the clearing and Poppy couldnt help but shed a few tears after seeing her father, alive and well, poking fun at young Poppy. After several minutes, they made camp in the clearing, and Poppy was still watching diligently. She was seeing this memory from a whole new perspective. Watching her father, He shifted his head to behind the camp, as though he was paranoid. Without skipping a beat, he regained his delightful posture and told young Poppy that it was time for a game of Hide and go Seek. He handed her the crown and his hammer, Whomper, turned around and began to count. She ran into the bushes not far from the campsite, and waited for him to find her. He turned around to find young Poppy disappeared. He pulled a sword out from a scabbard and grabbed a small wooden shield.

“I know you are there.” he said, facing the other side of camp.

Poppy was done watching. She charged out of the brush. But when she got to the edge, she was repelled by a wall of force. She hit the wall with her shield as she her tears fueled her rage. Taunted by the few seconds she knew her father had left, she took her hammer and swung at the force field. She had to shatter it. She had to.

It wasn’t long before two shadows came out of the woods. Young Poppy turned and ran, while older Poppy was fighting for a chance to help.

Once it was over, the wall dissipated and Poppy ran out to her father. His body was impaled with several blades, of two distinct designs. That was all she could recognize from the aftermath. The campsite began to fade. She held on to her father, not wanting to let go. Soon he was also gone. She was kneeling, crying in the memory when she felt a large shift in the ground from behind her. She grabbed Whomper and her shield and turned to see the Gargoyle that was on the road that same day. Relieved, she wiped the tears from her eyes.

“Why do you want to join the League, Poppy?” it said, much to Poppy’s surprise.
She was stunned for a brief time, never thought her childhood sentinel was living. She soon regained a stern conduct, and answered the question with determination. “Vengeance. I will hold all of Noxus accountable.”

He gave a brief nod. “How does it feel, exposing your mind?”
After a brief delay, she regain her composure. She gave a smirk and a quick head shake in slight disbelief. “After this, I need a vacation.”

The gargoyle stood up and walked over to Poppy, towering over the yordle stature. In a deep bellow he spoke, before his form rejoined the dark veil in the room. “Welcome to the League, Ambassador.”

The darkness enveloped her senses, before vanishing completely, revealing a new set of decorated double doors. The entrance to the League of Legends. Just before going in, she whispered to herself. “Seafoam sounds nice.” She stepped through the doors, with Whomper in hand.

Seth Lightheart

02-13-2013

Nice, I like how you kept to the style of the judgments.

Dv02

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Lightheart View Post
Nice, I like how you kept to the style of the judgments.
I would like this to be adopted by riot if possible, so I kept the same formatting best I could.