"League Hell"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iWREQ

02-13-2013

I think u might have a good point there. Never considered getting stuck playing with the bottom of the barrel of the next tier who are there simply because they cannot drop any lower...that could be an issue the fact that those people cannot drop to their true skill level.

CiT0

02-13-2013

And those people in the bottom of division are the same ones who complain they are getting 1-2 lp per game which is exactly why they make it hard to move up a tier but don't tell that to all the threads of people whining that the system is "broken"

ROKAF JE

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer087 View Post
I think u might have a good point there. Never considered getting stuck playing with the bottom of the barrel of the next tier who are there simply because they cannot drop any lower...that could be an issue the fact that those people cannot drop to their true skill level.
If I photoshop a picture of me in a spaceship, does that make me an astronaut?
Just because they have a Silver tag, doesn't mean they play at that level.

You can achieve silver V, but your MMR can be so low you're paired with bronze V. They do drop to their true levels, it just doesn't show it in the picture.

FluffyxTxRex

02-13-2013

Just got knocked down to Bronze V. 3 games in a row were losses and 2 because of AFK's but, still enjoy the game. Just all my guild buddies are high silver/ gold tiers. Guess just gotta get lucky.

Armstice

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyxTxRex View Post
Just got knocked down to Bronze V. 3 games in a row were losses and 2 because of AFK's but, still enjoy the game. Just all my guild buddies are high silver/ gold tiers. Guess just gotta get lucky.
Just got to learn to carry harder.

Pitboss

02-13-2013

Honestly, I just got myself out of bronze division (started off in Div 4) and it literally took three tries. Going into the final game (2w-2l) I thought we lost (17 mins our adc was 1-7). A couple of the teammates were bashing on him, but I told him just cs whenever you can and ignore them. We ended up winning the game and finally getting myself into silver. It was tedious to say the very least. If a player like myself can do it, then I'm sure everyone else can. Just be positive and don't fall into the negatives. Most importantly never surrender. GL to you.

iRhaz0r

02-13-2013

I never get promotions. I sail easily to them, but the trolls kick in when I'm up for it.never fails.

Don Ring

02-13-2013

I do agree that most of the players in bronze are pretty terrible. Filled with people who think that only the support buys wards and top picks who call mid and top only to get counter picked and countless senseless plays. I'm not worried about it. I have no doubts in my ability to climb out of bronze, but it seems like the under experienced got a little too excited about a new ranking system that they weren't even ready for.

iRhaz0r

02-15-2013

Still continues...can't get a promotion for the life of me. I've been able to get my teammates to not fight with one another at least, but the skill isn't there. I'm not being matched with people at my skill level at all. This is so frustrating.

Master Lyon

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoseidon View Post
Bronze is a sewer pipe 90% of players are toxic.
All players for a win/lose shouldnt be losing/gaining the same points. If I've gone 15/1/15 (for example)
and the second best player did 5/20/1 I think that should make a difference in points. Obviously it's not only KDR that makes a player but..It can show a lot. the roles that are played should have some mechanic behind it, if you did your role well OR carried the HELL out of your team, I think you should benefit from that. This post will probably be looked at as some "bad player" deserving to stay in the league he's in though.
Don't want to sound like a *****, but all the pros will say that you deserve where you are. There will be some instances where I will carry the hell out my team, but when I reflect on what I did in that game, I realize that I made really stupid mistakes(i.e. dive the turret twice and give their ADC 3-4 kills. That doesn't help in teamfights at all).

So what I recommend you do is reflect on that game and think about what I could have done.