Permabans aren't the answer.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keonyn

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribunal must go View Post
riot makes money based on accounts made, they never perma ban

they just ban for a long time, that way banned accounts still count for their statistics, AND then the person makes another account, then riot has 2x accounts for 1 person, and so on

this is how riot is scamming money out of everyone
Haha, wow, someone is amazingly clueless on how this all works.

mackman

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardokku View Post
I don't feel perma bans are the best solution to toxic behavior, i mean it's suitable to an extent but i feel like your giving a life sentence to someone who was speeding.
Interesting that you chose that analogy. Do you know what happens if you get multiple speeding tickets over a short amount of time?

You can get your license taken away, or even go to jail.

Do you know why? Because repeated "small" offences still demonstrate a marked disregard for others, and should be both punished and prevented.

MFKrazed

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackman View Post
Interesting that you chose that analogy. Do you know what happens if you get multiple speeding tickets over a short amount of time?

You can get your license taken away, or even go to jail.

Do you know why? Because repeated "small" offences still demonstrate a marked disregard for others, and should be both punished and prevented.
Excellent and valid comparison. I am going to use this.

+1

Arrietti

02-13-2013

Permabans arent given out through tribunal they are only given to accounts Riot themselves review. And if Riot reviews and decides to permaban, you can bet the player was doing alot more than just "speeding" and they were probably doing it fairly frequently as well. Tribunal is great at finding toxic players but not so great at showing their toxicity (currently the tribunal is weighed in favor of the reported player) that is a reason why it isn't the only way to get punished and riot staff reviews permabans.

Permabans are the only answer for those who do not care about summoner code. Yes they can always make more accounts, but they have to re-level/get runes/unlock fave champs etc. and if they are still being frequently/consistently toxic they will get more bans. Eventually people will reform or leave.

powerbats

02-13-2013

Riot has stated Lyte post somewhere that they want to move beyond permabans in the future to something they hope works better, not sure where the post is but for now it's the best thing they can do since if after all the chances your given and you don't change that's the only wake up call that seems to get through unfortunately.

Krashy

02-13-2013

Wasnt iwilldominate banned for a year??? i dont see why they issue him a year ban and give us "regular" players permabans....

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krashy View Post
Wasnt iwilldominate banned for a year??? i dont see why they issue him a year ban and give us "regular" players permabans....
IWDominate was banned from a year from tourneys sponsored by Riot.

His account is permaban along with other accounts he made before the permaban.

You should check your facts.

Krashy

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
IWDominate was banned from a year from tourneys sponsored by Riot.

His account is permaban along with other accounts he made before the permaban.

You should check your facts.
you shouldnt be a dick and read my question marks... thanks

Hepteb

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krashy View Post
you shouldnt be a dick and read my question marks... thanks
Obviously the answer was based on the statement after the question marks...

Maeyu

02-13-2013

Permaban gives you a while on your grind to 30 to rethink your attitude in-game.. I think sometimes it IS necessary.