Permabans aren't the answer.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stardokku

02-13-2013

I don't feel perma bans are the best solution to toxic behavior, i mean it's suitable to an extent but i feel like your giving a life sentence to someone who was speeding. some people are toxic and probably really need to leave this community, this is true to some extent.. but on the other hand there are some who really get perma banned for some of the most petty offenses possible. To get perma banned for dieing 6 times in a game or maybe calling someone stupid feels a little overboard and i feel as if i have a solution, or at least an idea XD. INTRODUCING THE MUTING SYSTEM. now i know what your thinkin.. well how do i comunicate with my team? well this will be done using the hooker 2000. this system will have premade statements .. such as "MIA" or maybe even "GANK PLEASE" . obviously you can sutff more ideas into this but it's pretty basic and i feel its the perfect punishment for the offense of bad mouthing. different offenses should have acquitted punishments, as a speeder would receive a ticket, and a murderer would receive jail time. well.. sorry for my crappy typing im too lazy right now lol, SUGGESTIONS BELOW xd THANKS.

Harate

02-13-2013

Permabans are Riots way of telling you that they don't want you playing their game ever again. It's never for no reason.

ovoLarson

02-13-2013

Riot wants your money not your skills

meadow

02-13-2013

Answered in another spam thread.

y2khippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

With League of Legends being a free to play style game this attracts alot of people but this does not garrentee an income for Riot. Riot has to make sure it is able to attract the most numbers possible with both its product and keeping it community happy at the same time. Riots income in dependant on its community and to make sure its healthy it is one of the few companys online that is actively cleaning it up and drawing a line in the sand to say "THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE". If you dont like their position you have no reason to be here. Because if you do not want to follow the terms of use and summoners code that you have all sign/agreed to on acount creation and each and every patch update they will remove you for the benifit of its community and itself in turn.

And if your saying your innocent... well it take more than one report to get to the tribunal, and more than one tribunal punish vote to even get a suspension. And of course if you keep on this path you will start getting very long suspensions and this should be your hint that you need to STOP it now or you will be removed.

People need to understand they need to be responsible for their own actions.

LandCat

02-13-2013

Riot Games wants to make money and feel that people who are rude or aggressive will drive players away.

They dispense Warnings and then progressive longer Time Bans, hoping that the player will change their behaviour. If the player doesn't then they'll Perma-ban the account as it has become clear that the player isn't going to change.

MMHSTerror

02-13-2013

Permabans are the answer!

Hepteb

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovoLarson View Post
Riot wants your money not your skills
Argument invalid.

RIOT games provides a free to play game which has payable content in it. Banning players forever is a potentially loss of income to the company because the banned people will most likely not spend any more money on this game.

So for Riot it is still: Community > Money

The message behind permabans: We don't want your money nor your time. Find another game to play

powerbats

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribunal must go View Post
riot makes money based on accounts made, they never perma ban

they just ban for a long time, that way banned accounts still count for their statistics, AND then the person makes another account, then riot has 2x accounts for 1 person, and so on

this is how riot is scamming money out of everyone
Tinfoil hat much?

LittleDi

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribunal must go View Post
riot makes money based on accounts made, they never perma ban

they just ban for a long time, that way banned accounts still count for their statistics, AND then the person makes another account, then riot has 2x accounts for 1 person, and so on

this is how riot is scamming money out of everyone
That is not actually true. You don't make money on accounts being made when the accounts cost nothing to be made. And if someone never spends a dime on anything then they have earned nothing. You seem full of false statements that are effortlessly ripped apart by anyone with half a brain. I'm not even using the creative side of my brain right now. Otherwise I'd have some sort of witty come back line all set up for you to use. Too bad I'm kinda tired and don't wish to wake up fully when logic is enough to prove you wrong.