how to fix rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SecxyBear

02-20-2013

Rengar could do with some help closing the gap when ganking. Given that his leap is brush dependent. Which depending on whether your blue or purple team can be troublesome.

Though with generally good play and good teamwork Rengar shouldn't need the bonus range on his leap and allowing him easy access to such a bonus also greatly enhances his juking and fleeing ability which could lead to more balance headaches.

I do agree that Rengars kit/stats should help him jungle more effectively than he currently does. Perhaps not bonus damage on the roar but instead higher armor bonuses at lower ranks? or maybe it could lower the ad of nearby minions and monsters? from a sort of demoralizing/fear aspect. (similar to volibears shout fearing minions)

nihkolai

02-20-2013

Really needs to buff early jungle phase and that's all he probably needs. Every time I jungle, I always have to port back to base because my hp is less than 100 and I still haven't made it to red and double Golem. It's ridiculous! Isn't this guy made for Jungling? I can't even stay in Jungle w/ 5 pots + cloth.
By that time, my teammates and enemy is at lv 4 or 5 and I'm around lv 2.

About his role, he feels like an assassin but more off-tank...well, at least that's how I play him.
I'll keep playing him even if i lose my games...so screw you nerf....rengar will be played in all of my games even if he is weak becuase i really love his kit.

thanks for the tip alfav

alfavhunter

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihkolai View Post
Really needs to buff early jungle phase and that's all he probably needs. Every time I jungle, I always have to port back to base because my hp is less than 100 and I still haven't made it to red and double Golem. It's ridiculous! Isn't this guy made for Jungling? I can't even stay in Jungle w/ 5 pots + cloth.
By that time, my teammates and enemy is at lv 4 or 5 and I'm around lv 2.

About his role, he feels like an assassin but more off-tank...well, at least that's how I play him.
I'll keep playing him even if i lose my games...so screw you nerf....rengar will be played in all of my games even if he is weak becuase i really love his kit.

for starters your a junior member so you likely have no runes, also, you should be using his ferocity on W for sustain instead of trying to plow through everything with (f)Q, your sustain with armor should defiantly not be that bad, and lastly. only high sustain champions should go after golems early on, its better to fight the weaker cams or early gank as rengar

as rengar i typically go wolves, blue (lower CDs means more (f)W and sustain, red will be faster but less sustain), ghosts, wolves (they should be respawning by now), then red (smite is back) then gank [after getting ferocity bonus], by this itme you will be lvl 3-4, having all your abilities, but this is with runes, 5 pots and hunters machety as starter items

Troy242621

02-21-2013

Well he was nerfed for his laning, so I feel it is only fair is jungle is buffed to compensate.

alfavhunter

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy242621 View Post
Well he was nerfed for his laning, so I feel it is only fair is jungle is buffed to compensate.

true, and a way to do this is make his passive cause him to deal bonus damage or receive less damage from neutral minions (jungle mobs) as well as its current effects, they could also make his special item have the benefits of hunters machete and build from it, there are many solutions to fix his early jungle, but i would rather get him solid as a champion before we try to strengthen individual roles, so because he is currently weak / lackluster in all roles, buffing the abilities themselves to a more reasonable degree would work well

another thing they could do is make him lose his W damage all together and refocus it on to his Q and E, and make his W say, provide passive armor and MR (improved by level of ability) and using it will free him of all CC effects (like GP oranges) and increase his amror + MR bonus based on his bonus ARM and MR (which includes his passives effect) for 3 seconds or so, making this still useful in jungle, and since it deals no mroe damage the heal could be buffed to make great sustain, but considerable hinderance to speed in jungle due to 0 damage on the ferocity move

they could also make (f)E make it so rengar an leap to his rooted target (think his passive in reverse, the circle is on the target instead of him) while they are rooted giving him an out of brush gap closer

point beign there are many things that could be done for rengar, the problem is finding the best solution that keeps him balanced, fun, and interesting to play

OPJellyScrub

02-22-2013

I play Rengar quite a bit and think it's pretty simple how to fix him.

1st he is a lion, that should make him king of the jungle. Right now he is like prince clumsy kitten.

Bone Necklace - Drop the cost to 300 gold
It should give +10 damage and 20% bonus damage against monsters + kill/assistant leveling as is.

Why?

It makes it so you can start with it immediately, it replaces machete and makes it so you don't waste an inventory slot through the machete tree and already have your own personal jungling buff. If you want to lane well it is like having a longsword with extra perks as you go.

Empowered Battle Roar - 5-10-15-20% health gain.

Yeah 20% is a lot, but that's at level 4 and any really its a great survival sustain ability that would make team fights not as scary.

Empowered Bola Strike - Doesn't root target, but gap closes and pulls target to rengar and rengar to target.

Why?
Gap Closing is why. This gives rengar the ability with full Ferocity to gap close without grass and without ult. making it actually really handy chasing someone down (pending you have the Ferocity built up) It also ads to his ganking ability without having to use his ult. Basically how it works is throw bola. Target is pulled to him (think Thresh) but Rengar then uses the tension to leap a short distance at the target.

[B]Thrill of the Hunt[B]
.5 Sec before stealth no damage. 1.5 seconds taking damage

Why?
It's obviously too long.

So what does this all do?

- Rengar has a built in Jungling attack added to his Bone Necklace allowing him to skip the machete build items

- His heal is Percentage of Health up to a max of 20% of total health

- His Empowered Bolo Strike gives him gap closing

- His Ult is much quicker activating, but still penalizes him taking damage. Just not to a ridiculous level.

Troy242621

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPJellyScrub View Post

1st he is a lion, that should make him king of the jungle. Right now he is like prince clumsy kitten.

It should give +10 damage and 20% bonus damage against monsters + kill/assistant leveling as is.

Why?

It makes it so you can start with it immediately, it replaces machete and makes it so you don't waste an inventory slot through the machete tree and already have your own personal jungling buff. If you want to lane well it is like having a longsword with extra perks as you go.

Yeah 20% is a lot, but that's at level 4 and any really its a great survival sustain ability that would make team fights not as scary.

Empowered Bola Strike - Doesn't root target, but gap closes and pulls target to rengar and rengar to target.

Why?
Gap Closing is why. This gives rengar the ability with full Ferocity to gap close without grass and without ult. making it actually really handy chasing someone down (pending you have the Ferocity built up) It also ads to his ganking ability without having to use his ult. Basically how it works is throw bola. Target is pulled to him (think Thresh) but Rengar then uses the tension to leap a short distance at the target.

[B]Thrill of the Hunt[B]

Why?
It's obviously too long.

- Rengar has a built in Jungling attack added to his Bone Necklace allowing him to skip the machete build items

- His Ult is much quicker activating, but still penalizes him taking damage. Just not to a ridiculous level.
Empowered (Anything not called Savagery) is typically a waste against other champions. His Q is pretty weak now, and he needs the extra damage so badly to even have a shot of bursting people down, especially if they health stack.

alfavhunter

02-22-2013

Quote:

Why?

Why?

[B]Thrill of the Hunt[B]

Why?
It's obviously too long.

the item idea is valid, and so is the root, but the battle roar already was nerfed for this issue, it healed to much for the damage it put out, so unless the empowered version of the roar does 0 damage, it would be op

sammywolf

02-22-2013

love it riot are you reading this?

Weyen

02-22-2013

Quote:
Do you mean with it keeping the +2damage/level or getting rid of it?

Because without it, it's worse than the current necklace after level 3 or so, without stacks. At least if you get machete, you can upgrade that into a lategame item (Wriggles, probably) which gives some utility. If it's just a flat +10 damage, that would be a waste of a slot after the first jungle clear.

And with the +2 damage/level, it seems really, really cost effective. Almost too much, maybe. You're basically getting +41 AD at level 18, plus the stacking bonuses, plus the extra minion damage, for less than the cost of a longsword.

Quote:
Would be nice to see the range get a bit of an upgrade, too, IMO. Maybe to 700 or something.