I want to have fun playing melee carries on here

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

02-12-2013

But Thornmail says no.

Redeemed In Fire

02-13-2013

Not really, A: people shouldn't be buying that item unless you're low ELO (Wardens Mail is far more effective, and B: if they are, obtain a hexdrinker and some form of lifesteal, and then move LW up in your build a slot or two. Hexdrinker reduces the damage dealt by thornmail (also provides handy magic shield to block it when you get low). Lifesteal further mitigates the damage.

AldrickExGladius

02-13-2013

Frozen Heart says NO! more than most other armor items.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

rammus says OK

Mightyal

02-13-2013

Nasus says WHITHER!

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Fiora does well, try her.

Warrrrax

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
But Thornmail says no.
Seriously, wtf? Most melee carries have AD-scaling skills that aren't autoattacks that wont trigger thornmail.

Even if you are a pure autoattacker like Xin or Yi, thornmail hardly shuts you down. It costs them a fortune, lowers their offense, and does nothing vs AP champs.

Say you do 5000 damage to them...reduced by armor to 2000 due to their armor (minus your penetration). You will eat 1500 magical dmg back, reduced to about 900 by your own magic resistance, offset by any lifesteal you might have. (i.e. 10% lifesteal would return 200 health).

Is that really SOOo freaking terrible? You still outdamage them by more than 2 to 1.

phyerbert

02-13-2013

Riven and Zed do just fine in dominion, I would guess talon too but i don't play him. Sanguine Blade and Blade of the Ruined King should help mitigate that too. I've not noticed a major problem with it, nor tons of players that aren't tanks building it. So kill the squishies and leave that thornmail for your AP to deal with.

Evelynn Butt

02-13-2013

This is not exactly a Dominion-specific problem.

iProbie

02-13-2013

if you think you're screwed by thornmail

wait till you meet Mr. moving brick wall with a randuin's and FH

yi with highlander on = 0.5 AS