Reported for saying "stfu" cause someone is harrassing me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Distillz

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticSkink View Post
Considering only 2.2% of players end up in the tribunal, it is more important that the 97.8% of players who just want to have a game of LoL have fun.
Assuming a lot about the other players aren't you? In the OP the only real reason there is "stfu". seriously the offense, if there was one, is pretty mild.

I wonder if he is playing with premades somehow.

KineticSkink

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA076 View Post
and not being able to win against them as situation stands is a bannable offense?
It's nothing to do with winning or losing. If you are trash talking you are aiming to create a negative experience for others, which is not acceptable to Riot, as positive players increase the player base and create a better environment for everyone, trash talkers/ragers do not.

KineticSkink

02-12-2013

Quote:
Assuming a lot about the other players aren't you? In the OP the only real reason there is "stfu". seriously the offense, if there was one, is pretty mild.

My comment was directed at your assertion that trash talking should be allowed.

The OP was banned because he can't stop blaming everyone for everything. He just needs to play more and blame less.

Distillz

02-12-2013

Quote:
It's nothing to do with winning or losing. If you are trash talking you are aiming to create a negative experience for others, which is not acceptable to Riot, as positive players increase the player base and create a better environment for everyone, trash talkers/ragers do not.
Beating someone is creating a negative experience for them. Someone losing even though they tried very hard is creating a negative experience. Not being able to increase rank due to circumstances out of your control creates a negative experience.

Banning people for trash talking isn't going to do anything towards that. The tribunal was not around when the game grew and I highly doubt it made a lick of difference in it's growth except to get rid of long time members of the community along with new players.

also, trash talking can be fun depending on the attitude of the gamers involved. It's not some clear evil and its in almost all games I have played.

Quote:
My comment was directed at your assertion that trash talking should be allowed.

The OP was banned because he can't stop blaming everyone for everything. He just needs to play more and blame less.

and why should this be bannable? Where is the line? All this foolishness does NOTHING to affect another person's game. People are reporting because they can and people are then going in the tribunal with their personal ideas voting to punish ppl for things they don't like. It's ridiculous.

There are so many things I could find subjective issue with in game and want to punish for. Riot needs to sort out their principles and leave certain things to /ignore

Shelzin

02-12-2013

Quote:
Beating someone is creating a negative experience for them. Someone losing even though they tried very hard is creating a negative experience. Not being able to increase rank due to circumstances out of your control creates a negative experience.

Banning people for trash talking isn't going to do anything towards that. The tribunal was not around when the game grew and I highly doubt it made a lick of difference in it's growth except to get rid of long time members of the community along with new players.

also, trash talking can be fun depending on the attitude of the gamers involved. It's not some clear evil and its in almost all games I have played.

and why should this be bannable? Where is the line? All this foolishness does NOTHING to affect another person's game. People are reporting because they can and people are then going in the tribunal with their personal ideas voting to punish ppl for things they don't like. It's ridiculous.
And that's why you have a large quantity of the community to judge the cases. You want to change the game into something more of what you would like it to be? Then take the time to do the tribunal yourself. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. In this case the trash talkers are the few. If you want to change that you have to spend the time.

Distillz

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
And that's why you have a large quantity of the community to judge the cases. You want to change the game into something more of what you would like it to be? Then take the time to do the tribunal yourself. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. In this case the trash talkers are the few. If you want to change that you have to spend the time.
mob justice. There is no established need. There was no survey to find out if such a system was needed or any such research I heard about when it was implemented. The majority of the problems are already solved by in game systems also

Trash talkers aren't few. I have even had trash talkers who do it by saying "gg wp" and admitted the reason they did it.

powerbats

02-12-2013

OP you were toxic and were thus punished for said behavior and trash talking is allowed just not when it crosses the line and tempname your in here complaining about your ban where you were extremely toxic.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3120359

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:

I dunno, he's whining all throughout game one.
Game two is the same, but with even more blatant insults.

Again, this guy can do with a little time out to calm down some.

Distillz

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbats View Post
OP you were toxic and were thus punished for said behavior and trash talking is allowed just not when it crosses the line and tempname your in here complaining about your ban where you were extremely toxic.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3120359
I'm not complaining about it in that thread. Just an FYI. I was looking forward to it. Had a bet about how long it would be and wondered why I haven't seen anything for a while now. I am not going to act like a little girl about this. The game is torture. If I get banned for letting that out, so be it.

The only reason I still play is to win. Maybe my reasons are different from yours. Maybe you guys have fun in hopeless matches or just smash things around you (like some people said they did). Meh.

Mitey Oosik

02-12-2013

I find it amusing how so many ppl just like the OP will waste no time stating someone should get reported for their behavior, but when they end up on the tribunal, all the reporters are just butthurt.

So, OP, why is it okay for you to want to report someone but not okay for ppl to report you??