I can't beat Draven.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benedictous

02-12-2013

Title says it all. I can fight cait, ashe, trist, varus, vayne with any of those champions, but i CANT beat draven. He comes into the lane and immediate starts pushing me out. If my support jumps on him he just two shots me. I can never seem to stop him from gathering his axe. Last game I played vayne thinking i could E him out of the way of his axe... but the axe just spun to a spot close to him.
His damage is so high I don't see any way of actually beating him.... its so bad I have taken to banning him just to avoid the humiliation on bot.
HELP ME PLEASE

Martyrofsand

02-12-2013

Play Graves. When he autos W his to blind/slow him and prevent him from picking up axes, from there E+Q him and normally that alone is enough to out trade him and force him to back off.

You generally want an aggressive support as well, someone like Taric works wonders. He can prevent Draven from catching axes with his stun, has nice burst himself while increasing yours two ways, by increase your AD itself but also by shredding draven's armor, and can give you sustain through Dravens damage.

Leona's entire stunlock kit works pretty good as well.

Darkotas

02-12-2013

Don't fight him early. As a Draven player, my goal is to hit you hard and make you afraid of me. The best time to poke Draven is after he throws his axe on a minion, while he's running to catch an axe, or while his Spinning Axe is on cd (6 secs or so). CC him if you can, bring sustain if possible, and play safe until you can gank him, kill him in a CC, or run out his mana.

Darkotas

02-12-2013

One more thing. Make sure your support isn't squishy, taking a Sona or Janna is asking to get him fed. Blitzcrank, Leona, and Taric are his best friends and worst enemies.

SeCKS Egai

02-13-2013

You're engaging too early and in bad position. Trading with a low level draven is bad juju. Soften the target up first before risking engagement.

Tricit

02-13-2013

Out farm him. You can out-game him with equal farm as Cait... because draven is nothing but a snowballing steroid. However cait can teamplay with her massive poke.

Thraon

02-15-2013

Graves is the best ADC by excellency. No other ADCs can beat Graves. His kit is simply perfect. Also are his stats. He is not as squishy as others but his damage is as solid as anyone.