Should I start playing ranked now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Simple Man

02-12-2013

I was just wondering how many normal games should I play before jumping in to ranked queue? Should I practice all roles or just specialize in one? Tips and advice is appreciated.

Simple Man

02-12-2013

Richh Homie Ty

02-12-2013

I had over 1k wins before I got into ranked. I didn't care about ranked until then though, I didn't intentionally wait until i had x amount of wins. Whenever you feel comfortable playing the game and feel like you're not a handicap to your team, go for it. Ofc you're going to have your best role(s) and that's fine, but at the same time there will be people picking before you and you won't always be able to get the role of your choice. Practice all roles until you're able to successfully play them. Don't be an instalocking tool. Let your team know which positions you're better at and where'd you'd like to go. The games are so much easier if you start acting like a team at champ select. This is arguably a rant but I have it's provided some sort of relevant information. Good luck bro.

02-12-2013

Honestly, the placement matches are the most stressful, just play like you normally do.

Simple Man

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIended Fetus View Post
I had over 1k wins before I got into ranked. I didn't care about ranked until then though, I didn't intentionally wait until i had x amount of wins. Whenever you feel comfortable playing the game and feel like you're not a handicap to your team, go for it. Ofc you're going to have your best role(s) and that's fine, but at the same time there will be people picking before you and you won't always be able to get the role of your choice. Practice all roles until you're able to successfully play them. Don't be an instalocking tool. Let your team know which positions you're better at and where'd you'd like to go. The games are so much easier if you start acting like a team at champ select. This is arguably a rant but I have it's provided some sort of relevant information. Good luck bro.

Awesome, thanks.