Anyone else feel as if MMR and Tier/division contradict themselves more so than not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenshu

02-12-2013

It seems as if unless your MMR and your current standing are similar (which who knows when that happens since MMR is hidden) that they do not go well together at all. Why should someone with high MMR in silver have to play against people with the same MMR in Gold or Plat to advance to a higher silver rating?

LawlerBrawler

02-12-2013

When you say that they contradict themselves "more so than not" do you actually mean that you are in that particular situation?

Tenshu

02-12-2013

I have no idea if I am truthfully, I have just read about other who are and am just pointing out a flaw.

RokudoKou

02-12-2013

Actually if it works like they way you say, it's really stupid. It would be hard as hell to get out of bronze III if your MMR is high (< Could happen to someone who wants to test the elo hell or whatever).

Tenshu

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokudoKou View Post
Actually if it works like they way you say, it's really stupid. It would be hard as hell to get out of bronze III if your MMR is high (< Could happen to someone who wants to test the elo hell or whatever).
The system matches you up with people close to your MMR so yes this could theoretically happen