Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Manamune and Archangels

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaoticOrder

02-12-2013

Hello hello,
I was playing a game as Blitz today and noticed something with these 2 items. I had Manamune most of the game. Then for fun I sold my Philo Stone for an Archangels Staff. When the tears passive went to 750 I got the Seraph's Embrace and the Manamune reset back to 0 but I still had the 750 from Seraph's Embrace. And then the Manamune's unique passive started to count up again.
I'm sure this was not intentional and most champs wont need both, but some could use this to their advantage. I thought I would bring it up to Riots attention so they could fix the glitch/bug unless it was intentional considering the upgraded items don't seem to have the Unique passive.
So could someone just get 2 Archangels and allow this to happen for them? To stack up even more Mana?

ChaoticOrder

02-12-2013

Anyone else notice this?

Least Pro Lee NA

02-12-2013

Its intentional

Mynt

02-12-2013

So you're saying that when you upgraded your Tear to Manamune, your maximum mana went down?

That doesn't seem intentional. There are no items that reduce your stats for upgrading them anymore. (Old MBR.)

ChaoticOrder

02-12-2013

It didn't go down, I still got the 750 from Seraph's Embrace I just got to get more from Manamune again. So couldn't someone get 2 archangels and stack them both seperatly?
That seems a bit odd. Granted you'd get only mana, mana regen and AP out of those 2 item slots but you'd get a lot of all 3.

NotBuzzJack

02-12-2013

Other tears in your inventory will reset if your AA or Manamune transforms. It is intended behavior.

Luxordx

03-07-2013

Quote:
ChaoticOrder:
It didn't go down, I still got the 750 from Seraph's Embrace I just got to get more from Manamune again. So couldn't someone get 2 archangels and stack them both seperatly?
That seems a bit odd. Granted you'd get only mana, mana regen and AP out of those 2 item slots but you'd get a lot of all 3.

No because the unique passives are the same on tear but different on manamune and AAS. so to tears will give you only an extra 750 with both their passives, but AAS and manamune separately will give you 1500 extra with their passives.

AeroStrike

03-07-2013

You also can't have two seraphim/manamune due to the upgrade being unique

Best Youmu NA

03-07-2013

What happens is the unique passive is the same for archangels's and manamune (being "mana charge" or whatever) which makes it so you can only have one giving you maximum mana from the charge.

So let's say you buy a tear and upgrade to archangel's then buy another tear. You'll still have the charges on the archangel's but you won't get any more charges from the tear that you just bought until you acquire the seraph's. The tear then resets to 0 on the interface (what is was giving the whole time. This could probably read better but idk if riot has any intention of fixing it.)

I imagine it's so you can't just charge up 6 muramanas at the same time as Ryze, or any similar champ, and just be an unstoppable powerhouse.

xGvPx

03-07-2013

Quote:
Luxordx:
No because the unique passives are the same on tear but different on manamune and AAS. so to tears will give you only an extra 750 with both their passives, but AAS and manamune separately will give you 1500 extra with their passives.

^dat

saw a singed top run both, was pretty effective