Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Entropy in Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mandaari

02-12-2013

If I remember correctly, Entropy was introduced to Dominion because Crystal Scar lacked a red buff. Entropy was put in as a way to get the damage and slow that red buff gave. Considering that there's no longer a red buff in TT wouldn't it be logical to introduce Entropy into TT for the same reason it was given to Dominion?

On top of replacing red buff, it might also have a good use for AD carries. The health and slow would be nice for carries since they can't depend on their teammates to keep them alive as reliably as in SR. Straight carries tend to be among the least viable champions in TT, and Entropy might give them a boost in popularity.

The other nice benefit is the high AD and true damage. Along with BotRK, which also has a slow on it, Entropy could mix up the somewhat stale 2 AD 1 AP bruiser meta by allowing carries to more easily kill bruisers while keeping themselves safe. The current AD items don't quite have the offensive/defensive mix that lets a carry depend on itself to both do damage and keep itself alive.

If you agree, thumbs up and post. If not, or if you disagree with my reasoning, please say why. I'd like to hear thoughts both the good and bad.

Geryth

02-13-2013

It's hard to give buffs for AD carries because those are also usually buffs for AD bruisers, which already dominate the map, unless they make a change to the actual champions, which will only be balanced to SR (so things like movement speed, scaling stats with levels etc. aren't likely to change because they are pretty much in a good spot for SR because they get more peelers and protection)

Mandaari

02-13-2013

While this isn't really a thread on how to get ADCs into TT more, I think that Riot's designers have stated that they don't want to modify champions to make them more or less viable in TT. They would rather change items and other effects. That's why witchcap, lightbringer, baclfire torch etc. were all introduced. They also increased the global gold gain so that the game would get to late-game faster and make ADCs and any late game dependent champion more viable. But regardless of how late in the game it is, an ADC will usually lose to a bruiser once the bruiser is on top of them.

But all that is for a different thread... which I might make

Onioncart

02-13-2013

Awww, I though you were taking about the Thermodynamics law.
OT: I think it would have to be changed if it was going into TT, bruisers seem to already dominate TT and this would just be adding another weapon into their arsenal. Also making stacking armor against those all ad bruiser teams, less effective. although it would be fun, I like using it in dominion.

Mandaari

02-13-2013

Lol at thermodynamics law. Idk, solo queues tend to get pretty chaotic.

In terms of it helping bruisers: I can definately see that as a problem. Then I realized something else about helping ADCs, which is to put some defensive stats on items that bruisers usually don't want, like attack speed and crit items. Not on existing items, but new items. This would also help melee ADCs like fiora, yi, and trynd.