Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

First time ranked..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celestealica

Master Recruiter

02-12-2013

Quote:
MoooveZiiig:
Answer to question 1 - Rage isn't that much harder in ranked than in normals. However, getting trolled hurts much more - and trolls know this. Just keep in mind the other team gets trolls too and you'll be fine.

Answer to question 2 - Well, it's a sideways answer. I'll just say that whether you end up Bronze 5 or Gold 1, the people in the game don't really improve in behavior, just in gameplay skill - and there are still quite varying skill levels game to game, because everyone has good games and everyone has bad games. So, no, no matter where you land, you won't be screwed. You'll just play with people around your skill level. And rager level is quite even across all tiers.

Answer to question 3 - Win all placement games on a new account starting at 1200 Elo, max you can get IIRC is Gold 3. That's what Nyjacky and Saintvicious got on their new smurfs last day, and they went 10-0. But seriously, since you've been mainly playing Coop vs AI, don't even dream about it.

Might wanna play a few Draft Pick Normal Games though, before hopping in.

I'll post my results when I do ranked, and I'll prove you wrong! >

MoooveZiiig

02-12-2013

Quote:
lcjones0710:
wait until you reach 500 wins because as a new level 30 you still have a lot to learn

500 wins is a bit extreme. That's 1000 games. There's nothing wrong with starting in Bronze and learning your way up.

HeroesNeverQuit

02-12-2013

Quote:
Daenios:
I can promise you right now you will probably win 2/10 games if you start ranked as soon as you're 30. To be honest, you will screw a lot of people, but the only way to get better very quickly is to dive into ranked and see what you're doing wrong. Normals will not get you anywhere.

More or less what he said.

Although i will add on to it. People in ranked take the game a lot more seriously. To say they are tryhards is stupid. Why wouldnt you try your best? Moving on from that though what i think you should set as a goal before starting?

Know how to counter pick. What i mean by that is if you arent playing draft right now you better start. You need to learn about pick order and counter picking which you cant do in a blind pick. Be able to play atleast 3 positions. This gives you a good base. Currently i can play all positions but i dont like two of them but generally my teams willing to work around that.

Have atleast 2 full rune pages. You need an AD and an AP rune page no exceptions. I currently have 3 and even then one of them is just because i main melee ap and you need a special rune page for akali. Do what you want though. I would stay out of ranked for a bit and do Draft normals for a bit to get the feel of how the draft part works. Then move into ranked.

As far as the leavers/afkers go its really not like that. If it was the forum would be filled... Theres like 10m+ players that play league. If it was really that bad the GD would only have those posts on here.

Celestealica

Master Recruiter

02-12-2013

Thanks! I do play draft games, I have 2 full rune pages, and I am proud of counter picking Darius with kayle

. <-- I hate the smiiley faces :/

Nexus Crawler

02-12-2013

50% win rate in your placement matches should net you Silver 5. Also yeah don't play ranked yet. Get some pages, and runes first. You also need a fair number of champions to even start. Shoot for around 200-300 wins if you're keeping a positive W:L ratio and have enough runes/pages for 3 roles then you might consider it. Easy way to do this are overlapping runes. You can use Flat AD for bot and a number of tops for example. Flat Armor works for Top, Bot, and Jungle. Things like that.

YUNOWARDS

02-12-2013

Quote:
IsaacDestruction:
I'll post my results when I do ranked, and I'll prove you wrong! >

Why do I see you creating an elo hell thread in the future

SteveTheCrusader

02-12-2013

Fresh level 30 players still have no idea how the game works, this I can assure you. Don't gimp yourself by jumping into ranked.

Doctor Neth

02-12-2013

Placement matches can start you out in Bronze, Silver, or Gold.

All 10 will land you in gold.

OP, don't worry about ranked yet, don't **** yourself over cause you wana play ranked this early.

Wait till you have like 500 Normal wins, in fact, no matter how many normal wins you have, you can never be truly ready for ranked.

Merluza00

02-12-2013

If you don't have 200 wins, you probably have no idea about the game yet.
If you don't have 400 wins, you probably don't have the skills to go up in ranked. Just down and down and down. You need to have like 20 or 30 more wins than loses on normal games to say "Ok, I'm ready to not-fail so hard in ranked".

The problem of starting ranked right after you get to lvl 30 is that you will lose a lot against people with high skill who are starting ranked too. So you will be placed in one of those hell-leagues. Where everybody sucks and you can't learn anything cause everybody is constantly doing mistakes.

If you wanna try ranked, go ahead, but just keep in mind that once you go down, it is really hard to go up again.

Faptain Teemo

02-12-2013

Play a lot of normals until you become a playmaker. Watch dozens if not hundreds of streams so you can put yourself in the shoes of tourney pros.

When you get close to sage mode and start carrying normals, even as support, then start up ranked. It's the best you can do for your mental health when you yourself don't bring the team down.

Also, try to learn how to play jungle and every lane. Only playing mid or something like that isn't what real masters do.

Now go forth, my student.