First time ranked..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxian Zell

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacDestruction View Post
So if I win all 10 matches i'll be in diamond?
I highly doubt that would happen.

Maybe silver division 5. I am NOT an expert on this. A red can answer your question very well

Daenios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

I can promise you right now you will probably win 2/10 games if you start ranked as soon as you're 30. To be honest, you will screw a lot of people, but the only way to get better very quickly is to dive into ranked and see what you're doing wrong. Normals will not get you anywhere.

Noxian Zell

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenios View Post
I can promise you right now you will probably win 2/10 games if you start ranked as soon as you're 30. To be honest, you will screw a lot of people, but the only way to get better very quickly is to dive into ranked and see what you're doing wrong. Normals will not get you anywhere.
I can somewhat agree with you on this.
I won my 2 very first ranked matches. I was surprised myself. Also surprising to me as to how hard it seems to get a double kill

Daenios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Lol nvm. You're one of those coop kids. You will win maybe 1 game out of 10 and the reason you won was cause your Jax went 20-4

Qsario

02-12-2013

Quote:
More like Silver I, possibly Gold V but I doubt it.

I went 8-2 in placement and am Silver II.

Noxian Zell

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
More like Silver I, possibly Gold V but I doubt it.

I went 8-2 in placement and am Silver II.
Here is your answer OP.

Hiromi Kusatsu

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenios View Post
Lol nvm. You're one of those coop kids. You will win maybe 1 game out of 10 and the reason you won was cause your Jax went 20-4
I only play Coop to practice normal drafts :O

I hope you don't have anything against that.

I just can't stand losing normals.

MoooveZiiig

02-12-2013

Quote:
Hey. I'm level 29. About to hit 30. And I'm a little nervous about ranked with all the rage threads about the new ranked system.. If I lose my first match will I be screwed? And what tier do I start in. And are their more ragers / tryhards?
Quote:
Answer to question 1 - Rage isn't that much harder in ranked than in normals. However, getting trolled hurts much more - and trolls know this. Just keep in mind the other team gets trolls too and you'll be fine.

Answer to question 2 - Well, it's a sideways answer. I'll just say that whether you end up Bronze 5 or Gold 1, the people in the game don't really improve in behavior, just in gameplay skill - and there are still quite varying skill levels game to game, because everyone has good games and everyone has bad games. So, no, no matter where you land, you won't be screwed. You'll just play with people around your skill level. And rager level is quite even across all tiers.

Answer to question 3 - Win all placement games on a new account starting at 1200 Elo, max you can get IIRC is Gold 3. That's what Nyjacky and Saintvicious got on their new smurfs last day, and they went 10-0. But seriously, since you've been mainly playing Coop vs AI, don't even dream about it.

Might wanna play a few Draft Pick Normal Games though, before hopping in.

lcjones0710

02-12-2013

wait until you reach 500 wins because as a new level 30 you still have a lot to learn

Encouraging

02-12-2013

Quote:
Hey. I'm level 29. About to hit 30. And I'm a little nervous about ranked with all the rage threads about the new ranked system.. If I lose my first match will I be screwed? And what tier do I start in. And are their more ragers / tryhards?
You are probably months away from being ready to play ranked. Play all roles a bunch at level 30, watch some streams, get more champions, get more runes, then specializes in two or three champs that you really like and test the waters.

The player pool at the starting levels of ranked is the worst, most toxic group of people you will find in League. You want to be able to hard carry yourself through as many games as possible because people will be throwing games, trolling, feeding, and rage-quitting literally every other game. There are plenty of people who say every game everywhere is like that, but they are all exaggerating except about when you start ranked.