Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

First time ranked..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celestealica

Master Recruiter

02-12-2013

Hey. I'm level 29. About to hit 30. And I'm a little nervous about ranked with all the rage threads about the new ranked system.. If I lose my first match will I be screwed? And what tier do I start in. And are their more ragers / tryhards?

My Boy Meep

02-12-2013

Please, don't play ranked until you are 200 wins and 10 wins positive.

Prew

02-12-2013

Play ranked because screw the guy above

Tyrant Zell

02-12-2013

Quote:
IsaacDestruction:
Hey. I'm level 29. About to hit 30. And I'm a little nervous about ranked with all the rage threads about the new ranked system.. If I lose my first match will I be screwed? And what tier do I start in. And are their more ragers / tryhards?

Your division very questionable. Will be determined by how many wins and losses in your first 10 games.

Ive only played 10 games. won 4, lost 6 and am in Bronze Division 2

Celestealica

Master Recruiter

02-12-2013

I've only played 90Ish pvp matches in my lol career and only have 55 wins so that would take forever

Celestealica

Master Recruiter

02-12-2013

So if I win all 10 matches i'll be in diamond?

SonOfTheDevil

02-12-2013

Most important thing you need to acquire before going into Ranked is a minimum of 3 Rune Pages

Commander Pony

02-12-2013

Yeah ranked is screwed up because you are pretty much required to get high streaks, like streaks of 5 or above, to go up.

its near impossible to get such high streaks, it's not even related to your skills, the chance of getting a good team 5 times in a row is very slim.

Until riot minimizes the penalty for losing, or increases reward for winning (or both), ranked will bescrewed.

KitsuneInari

02-12-2013

If you're about to hit thirty, you probably shouldn't play ranked.

Do you have at least two full rune pages?
Can you play at least two champions comfortably in at least 4 different roles?

If not, I recommend you hold off on ranked for a while. People are a bit more serious about winning than in normals, and you're gonna want to have the stats to keep up. Technically, these things aren't necessary, but they're VERY HIGHLY recommended - and what I'm describing is the bare minimum. You should actually have more than that if you want to win.

Losing your first match won't screw you over, but it will count as one of the losses in your 10 placement matches. And you don't technically start in any tier until your 10th placement match is over.

Remember, though - you control how you play. If you think the ranked environment is a little too heated for you, you can back off. If you think you've been placed too low, you can always improve. If you need practice, you can play normals instead. How you play is up to you, so don't feel pressured to just throw yourself against the ranked system until you quit in rage.

And anyone who complains about the ranked system - a lot of it is exaggeration. There probably are flaws in the system, of course, because nothing's perfect, but ultimately, it's just a game! The most important thing is that you have fun playing it.

Andres X

02-12-2013

Play untill YOU KNOW you can carry a team. You will still lose some games, but you must be sure you are not the problem. Master a role, be good at rest, play 2-3 champs from each, and try to master champs that are not insta bans (Amumu, Shen, Malph) since you won't be able to play them enough.