Mass Effect: The Collecters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheshire Lunacy

02-12-2013

well OT, I am sure there are plenty of ME fan's on here, if not oh well, but earlier today while playing my second sesion of ME2 I remembered what the good doctor said about the human who was used as a guiny pig for researching the cure for the genophage, Human's have a very easy to mess with genes, Knowing this, The reeper's/Collectors prolly are collecting Human's because their genes are so versitile. making the Collecters have so much more room to mess around with the genetic code for what was being made in the area for the suicide mission.

(won't spoil it for people who haven't played and people who beet me3 please don't spoil any info there.)

Alyran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Was there a question in here? But, yes, you're correct. The original intent for the Collector's was to create the new...thing (excluded at OP's request), which was supposed to have a purpose involving the wider variability of human genetics. Then the original writer was pulled off Mass Effect and onto SW:TOR-related things so they dropped 99% of that storyline in 3. ME3 then proceeded to...well, I'm sure everyone knows by now.

HetairoiAthenas

02-12-2013

Harbinger explicitly states in ME:2 (while you're fighting him), he says the following:

“Quarian; considered due to cybernetic augmentation, weakened immune system too debilitating.”
“Drell; useless, insufficient numbers.”
“Human; viable possibility, aggression factor useful if controlled.”
“Asari; reliance upon alien species for reproduction shows genetic weakness.”
“Salarian; insufficient lifespan, fragile genetic structure.”
“Human; viable possibility, impressive genetic malleability.”
“Geth; an annoyance, limited utility.”
“Human; viable possibility, impressive technical potential.”
“Human; viable possibility, if emotional drives are subjugated.”
“Human; viable possibility, great biotic potential.”
“Krogan; sterilised race, potential wasted.”
“Turian; you are considered...too primitive.”