Most of my ranked games are lopsided and not fun, what am I doing wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dizzy Soul

02-12-2013

Hello. I wanted to play ranked because of the promise of being matched with players of equal skill. However, in almost all games this doesn't happen. I'm open to playing any role, and whichever role I play, I will win my lane or at least break even. I do not feed or overextend too much, and I try to ward and maintain a high creep score.

That being said, every game is a lopsided fight. There is always at least one person feeding, or trolling, or not playing their role properly. There is never a feeling of challenge when I'm playing, just watching the enemy team get fed and steamroll us after laning phase. Pretty much all my deaths are from mid-game teamfights where the enemy champions are already fed, stacking health and rushing their builds. The game always seems to be decided within the first 10 minutes.

I've been told that if I want to rank higher, I have to play extra good and carry the whole team, even the bad people. But I thought ranked was supposed to try and match for even teams? Why do I have to play at platinum level or higher, just to get out of bronze? What is the point of playing the game normally when my only hope for progression is to pick Akali and hyperacrry my way to victory?

I'm not looking to be in a higher league or have better Elo. I just want fun, balanced fights. Almost every single ranked game has been completely lopsided and chaotic, whether it's a win or loss.

So what am I supposed to do? Does more balanced matchmaking only exist in higher tiers? Do I have to master some hypercarry like Akaki or Vayne in order to escape bronze league? Should I dodge every match that even smells like a bad game during champion select? What can I do to get better games in ranked and avoid all the lopsided matches?

The Sterg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

What's wrong? You played ranked.

RavageRose

02-12-2013

if you are in low silver or bronze you will never be matched with people according to skill. Riot has F'D usall in these tiers because we are constantly bombarded with players who are new lv 30s rushing into ranked. by people who dont care about ranked, by people who dont care about team work an unison only what they want to play. If you feel like you will fall into these divisions. i say play ranked get into your division an if you get stuck stop... im torchering myself by thinking im gonna get any higher than bronze 1 because i've fallen to bronze 4 now because of BR's troll. MF's who build archangels for theshield Volibears who build IE, Vi's who build lichbane an so many more idiots.

Dizzy Soul

02-12-2013

I'm seriously looking for constructive feedback. It seems people in Gold and higher leagues are having much better results than I am. Do I have to be in those tiers to get better matchmaking? Is there a way to get more consistent matchmaking in Bronze tier?

I want to have fun with the new system and play better games, but I don't know how to avoid all the lopsided matchmaking. Does anyone have any advice?

Leave

02-12-2013

just keep in mind there will always be at least ONE troll in each game and its just a matter of if its on your team or their team

BenLen

03-09-2013

It takes a really long time before you get to your proper ranking. If you still feel the matches are bad after 200 games then there might be a problem.