Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elise v. Zed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reinhart

02-12-2013

So I like playing champs that can both Jungle and Top, I also like in your face kind of champs (J4, Irelia, Hec, Diana, etc.). I feel like both Zed and Elise fits the bill but I'm torn on which to get. Both look fun, both from what I understand can clear the jungle well (Zed from what I remember seeing is the fastest clearer?) Though also from what I understand is Elise is better at ganking?

Anyways, I just wanted to get your guys opinions on which you prefer and why? I imagine Elise is really strong in the meta because of her %health stuff?

Izara

02-12-2013

Zed is on sale.

Elise is not.

bcusiliksavingmuney.

Necro Monkey

02-12-2013

zed has a slow early jungle, he's a strong top though - he is also harder to master, especially in the jungle

elise can go OOM quicky after the nerf, however she's good against the HP meta - on jungle however I dont know

Rismart

02-12-2013

Elise is stronger atm because the Health meta, but Zed fills the assassin role easier (2 gap closers) and has a good amount of AoE for teammfights.

gsai

02-12-2013

Zed can kind of junglr but Elise can't jungle for shiz.

Lilmk

02-12-2013

Quote:
gsai64:

you are so wrong... elise's ganks are insanely strong

Doansr

02-12-2013

Quote:
Lilmk:

Yea if you max w on her then she has great sustain, aoe and single target damage plus great ganks if you chain both E's

Reinhart

02-12-2013

awesome, any more opinions? What I'm reading is that both can jungle well (and top well). How about Zed's ganks? I imagine living shadow + his slow can easily catch people and it's just burst from there?

And in team fights, who would you say is more valuable? Zed as someone mentioned, can hit more than one target and his ult let's you bumrush and hopefully burst down their adc. At the same time, I imagine Elise can do the same with rappel but then she also has that %health to finish off the tanks while Zed might have a rougher time of it?

Phil Nye

02-12-2013

Quote:
gsai64:

looooooool this guy.

Elise has got great jungle sustain, decent speed, insane ganking, and good build paths, and deals pretty well in jungle duels/invading. The main reason she isn't used as a jungler often is because her top is so strong atm.

Quote:
Lilmk:

Not to detract from the validity of this statement (her ganks are pretty strong), but to sum jungling on purely "how well do they gank" is really erroneous.

Zed jungle often requires a little more cc/tankiness from your laners generally since most people expect it to come from the jungle traditionally. Zed's laning is incredibly safe, the only few people that can truly deny Zed farm are in top lane, but you need to adopt a good assassin mindset, that often means staying in the fog of war in the side-lines during teamfights. Zed's W passive late-game makes him in raw attrition a very high damage late-game assassin, although you need to beware of counterplay from things like Kayle ult when doing your execution combo.

His clear is insanely fast, which often helps him stay relevant where most assassin junglers would fall behind from lack of "bounty" from ganks/kills.

Elise essentially is there to neuter the enemy top laner, her damage is still significant later, but her utility/ability to pin down for teamfights is a little limited and often requires calling really good opportunities to make the most out of her abilities during teamfights.

Basically, if you want to scale harder, farm/push like crazy, and have flexibility in roaming/pressuring lane, pick Zed, if you want to be the quintessential "bruiser" and rely on base damages for disrupting/cleanup, or if your team wants mixed damage and is running an AD mid, get Elise.

Reinhart

02-13-2013

Quote:
Phil Nye:
looooooool this guy.

Elise has got great jungle sustain, decent speed, insane ganking, and good build paths, and deals pretty well in jungle duels/invading. The main reason she isn't used as a jungler often is because her top is so strong atm.

Not to detract from the validity of this statement (her ganks are pretty strong), but to sum jungling on purely "how well do they gank" is really erroneous.

Zed jungle often requires a little more cc/tankiness from your laners generally since most people expect it to come from the jungle traditionally. Zed's laning is incredibly safe, the only few people that can truly deny Zed farm are in top lane, but you need to adopt a good assassin mindset, that often means staying in the fog of war in the side-lines during teamfights. Zed's W passive late-game makes him in raw attrition a very high damage late-game assassin, although you need to beware of counterplay from things like Kayle ult when doing your execution combo.

His clear is insanely fast, which often helps him stay relevant where most assassin junglers would fall behind from lack of "bounty" from ganks/kills.

Elise essentially is there to neuter the enemy top laner, her damage is still significant later, but her utility/ability to pin down for teamfights is a little limited and often requires calling really good opportunities to make the most out of her abilities during teamfights.

Basically, if you want to scale harder, farm/push like crazy, and have flexibility in roaming/pressuring lane, pick Zed, if you want to be the quintessential "bruiser" and rely on base damages for disrupting/cleanup, or if your team wants mixed damage and is running an AD mid, get Elise.

Super insightful. Thank you, I think Zed is the one for me since I think I own a lot of Elise like champs from that description but no one like Zed.