So about Corki...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoudFootSteps

02-12-2013

I bought Corki when he was on sale once in S2. I already had Ezreal, since he was one of the first champions I bought. I tried to play Corki, but he was much harder to play than Ezreal, for "obvious" reasons. Afterwards I decided to just play Ezreal and to not care about Corki.

Then one of my friends gifted me the Corki skin so he could get the new Icons, and I decided to actually use it. Now that I am actually better at the game, I have been having more success at him. But I easily noticed his mana and cooldown problems at the beginning of the game. So I tried to make a build in order to avoid these problems, instead of building like a normal ADC. I thought it would make sense since some people used to rush Trinity on Corki/Ezreal in S2, which normal ADCs wouldn't do.

Start: Boots and 3 Pots (I don't usually ever take anything else as ADC).

First back: Goal is to get Brutalizer for early CD reduction plus Armor Pen and AD. I don't usually do this but I saw some people doing this with good results. Otherwise, get Vampiric Scepter/Tear of the Goddess/Doran's Blade.

Afterwards: Finish Bloodthirster, then Trinity Force for the Sheen proc on your missles. Upgrade to Manamune. Then, get Guardian Angel and Black Cleaver, depending on the situation. Possible to replace Guardian Angel with something else (Warmogs(Dunno about this), Mercurial Scimitar, etc.).

I thought Corki could still be a good ADC, because of his higher base AD plus his passive, making last hitting easier plus better auto attacks which is typically what ADCs focus on.

I seriously don't like playing Ezreal that much, especially when he gets picked by the enemy team (almost always). Corki was said to be Ezreal except (insert something here), so I thought I would play him instead. Plus I main yordle-like creatures as well, namely Fizz, Rumble, and Kennen. It would be awesome for some community suggestions as to playing Corki right now in S3.

Crepeist

02-14-2013

I really believe that Corki needs to be looked at and changed for s3.

I'm not sure what needs to be changed about him though I think it is safe to say that a portion of him not being a very good character right now is the warmogs meta. (Not hating, just stating) Warmogs indirectly counters his passive, his q-auto-r burst, and his armor shred. I think he is still playable, but until something is done we will not be seeing him in any tournaments.

DefinitelyNotADC

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudFootSteps View Post
Start: Boots and 3 Pots (I don't usually ever take anything else as ADC).
Not saying it wll solve any of your corki probs because it won't. although in some situations he is a good champ still. But i almost exclusively sart longsword 2 pots on adc champs in s3. The 10 extra ad is fr more valuable then move speed which is useless so early in the game, and i builds in the vamp scepter,or brutilizer you were talking about. I would never rush a brut myself, But i almost always get a vamp scepter if i dont have enough for a B.F sword my first back. I would give it a try.

Ryan187

02-14-2013

Corky is a wonderful adc for many reasons:

1. His passive is quite powerful, when you're at 1.5~ attack speed/280+AD that's some serious hurt on champions.
2. No one on your team has to face check bushes.
3. You have an escape
4. Your ult doesn't do a whole lot of damage... It's a poke. Late game when you're in team fights you can poke poke poke. The damage adds up, I think it's a lot better than cait's ult.

You can't just look at a champion at face/paper value. You have to understand and utilize every ability to the very fullest. I love Corki, and I think late game he is utterly disgusting.

ROKAF JE

02-14-2013

His passive got nerfed and his pick/win plummeted.

I've never enjoyed playing him that much, he feels so darn clunky.
He was the most OP Ad carry for over a year, admitted by Riot employees themselves on the forums, and still nobody really played him.

Nile Strom

02-14-2013

Corki can go two ways in season three you can go the old tri rush or you can pick up an early tear and charge it so you get the manamune upgrade this lets corki spam more but this path will make him more tanky with lower damage till around mid and late game.