Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Frustrated

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hi im gosuo

Recruiter

02-12-2013

My parents wont let me play lol,
my mom says it is a teen game and my dad said it takes up too much time
although my dad played requiem with me, and that's m
and i have twilight princess and super smash bros brawl and those are teen games too...

TrueSkillz

Recruiter

02-12-2013

if your not allowed to play teen games how old are you?

BrandNameZombie

02-12-2013

your dad is right about it taking allot of time. Sure the average game is 25-45 minutes long but playing enough to get the IP for new champions and learning the game enough not to disappoint your team can take a while. And another thing is with a game like Requiem, yes it has a much higher rating then league but as you said you play it with your father and that takes away the (online experiences not rated by the ESRB warning that all online games have) what i mean is your dad can protect you from the mean people and the wierdos in requiem but in league your matched with 4-9 random strangers who may or may not be okay playing with a new player. Your mom and dad are just making sure you dont get hurt by anyone online. i suggest talking to them and working out a plan of monitored playing until you become comfortable with the game and make sure you know how to deal with the people online who might try to hurt you.

Troy242621

02-12-2013

Geezer is exactly correct on this. I'd listen to his post. There are some very let's say, "Ethically questionable," people on the internet. Perhaps he would agree to play with you now and then if you explain the situation to him.

wHiSkErTeMx73744

02-12-2013

If you are not even a teenager yet, first of all, listen to your parents. They probably have your best interest, and although you may not agree with them, they usually have a good reason for what they do. That said, they probably don't want you to be involved in many things that League of Legends includes:

A free player base: you are inevitably (meaning definitely) going to be meeting a few... not-so-nice people. They are most likely to lash out on players like you, who are young and don't know what they're doing.

Large time-consumption: They probably want you to study. I know I'm sitting here, not doing my homework. That's definitely not what your parents want from you. If you end up getting caught up in this games like LoL, you may not develop good study habits later on, and while you think high school and college are really far away, you really need to develop good study habits or else you won't do very well (and hint hint: study habits are most easily developed when you're younger).

In short? Listen to your parents.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-12-2013

What are you hoping that we say? You are in your parents' house, and that means their word is as law (at least as far as you're concerned). While it feels lame, we're not the ones you need to be having this discussion with. (Note how I said discussion, the instant you turn it into an argument you're already wrong.)

Heisotsu

02-12-2013

Yeah.
The average game is 38 minutes sir. It does take a lot of time.

And there is a lot (and I mean, truly, a lot) of suggestive themes
And some violence.

And you are stuck with a bunch of random people (most of us are in high school or college) that don't mind throwing some insults and dirty jokes around.

It's not really the game for someone as young as I think you are.

And not trying to sound like a loser, but listen to your parents. You don't have to ask a forum what to do in you're own house.

hi im gosuo

Recruiter

04-02-2013

i am 11

Brianlarson

04-02-2013

Quote:
FirePheonix10:
i am 11

You should be spending your time on better things.

I'm not going to sit here and advocate studying and such, but go outside, bask in the sunlight. Don't get caught up in the world of online video games so young. You'll waste the best years of your life on them.

BooneBuck

04-02-2013

Got to agree with them. Go outside and enjoy the world. You can waste your life away on MMOs later.