Banned for innocent suggestion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lexies All Mine

02-12-2013

I recently posted a suggestion to make South American servers because it's hard to communicate and work as a team when you are paired with 4 others who do not speak the same language as you. I did not call anyone any names, say any particular race was at blame, or do anything besides say it was hard to communicate. And I get a 2 month ban for racism? How is that racist or offensive in any way? Did the person who came up with the idea for European servers get fired for being racist? Just wow.

Dona eis Requiem

02-12-2013

"You Wish Idiot"

Lexies All Mine

02-12-2013

Yeah, I made this secondary account when I was 15. Does that mean people who name themselves things like "G Thug97" are horrible people as well? Or are you just trying to be prejudiced to me? That post was more racist than my suggestion. Lol.

cheeser01

02-12-2013

somehow i doubt it was a polite suggestion

Lexies All Mine

02-12-2013

Okay I'll risk getting this account banned as well I guess. Heres the post:

"There are so many Spanish speakers on the NA server, to the point where it can completely destroy team chemistry in a random match up. There is literally nothing worse than being paired up with 4 people who don't speak the same language as you and trying to communicate with each other. I know it will probably never happen, but this should be considered."

cheeser01

02-12-2013

reported

Lexies All Mine

02-12-2013

Okay man. Really don't need the forums anyway. I know I did nothing wrong so if you want to be a troll go ahead.

AsmodeanXxX

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Wish Idiot View Post
Okay I'll risk getting this account banned as well I guess. Heres the post:

"There are so many Spanish speakers on the NA server, to the point where it can completely destroy team chemistry in a random match up. There is literally nothing worse than being paired up with 4 people who don't speak the same language as you and trying to communicate with each other. I know it will probably never happen, but this should be considered."
Your ignorance is a clear, nothing in that sentence is valid since majority of those who speak a second language (myself included) at the very understand English. It does not destroy team chemistry. What destroys team chemistry are people who are ignorant to other languages and do ask simple questions like "Can you understand English?" or "Do you understand me?" in any language. What I do wish is that racist and ignorant comments like yours are reported and people like you are erased from the community.

Lexies All Mine

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey The Sinner View Post
Your ignorance is a clear, nothing in that sentence is valid since majority of those who speak a second language (myself included) at the very understand English. It does not destroy team chemistry. What destroys team chemistry are people who are ignorant to other languages and do ask simple questions like "Can you understand English?" or "Do you understand me?" in any language. What I do wish is that racist and ignorant comments like yours are reported and people like you are erased from the community.
No, your ignorance is clear. Just because you can understand English and communicate with your teammates does not mean I'm ignorant for stating the fact that team chemistry can and often times is lowered significantly due to a language barrier. There is no ignorance in asking your teammates if they can speak/understand what you are saying, especially when you're in a team game where coordination is key. In fact, it's even more ignorant to go ahead and not even try to see if someone speaks your language and go the entire game disconnected from your teammates.I don't get offended when someone asks me if I speak Spanish, and I expect that sentiment to be reciprocated, as I understand all the person is attempting to do is find common ground in a form of communication.

You need to look up racism, because I said nothing derogatory whatsoever. I have no problem with anyone who speaks a different language, I never even said anyone should speak English over Spanish. Also note I never said 4 people who speak Spanish, as I know it can easily go the other way around for a Spanish speaker on a team of English speakers, and I feel bad for them as well. I try my best to accommodate anyone with a language barrier on my team, but I can't help but feel this doesn't need to be an issue via extra server options. All I suggested was a server that people could choose to use if they so wanted, in order to make the game easier for those who don't understand/speak English (the main language of the current server), or to alleviate ping from those in SA or Spain, etc.

If you honestly believe what I said is ignorant, then I don't know what to tell you, because there was honestly nothing to take offence to.