Which lane is the most viable at 250 ping?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AGuyWithPants

02-14-2013

Try to play Jungle or Support.

I have ~300-350 ping is well and I manage to play decently with these roles.

Fluffy1

02-14-2013

250 ping is perfectly fine, over time you just predict at the right time naturally. however once you start hitting 300+ this game gets unplayable

rikoLash

02-14-2013

Once again I disagree. I went to India and consistently played for a month at 350 ping. Once again, I felt no difference (apart from the fact that sometimes the internet cuts out entirely there).

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

I play with multiple Australians who are used to 200-270 ping. After years of playing, they are just used to it and play normally.

noxToken

02-15-2013

Why are all the all the posts on the front page downvoted? Anyway 250ms is completely manageable. If I ever play a match or two when visiting my folks, I get 300ms+ at the minimum compared to the 60ms I get from home. It's playable in any role. I'd say skill shot champs would be the hardest for you, but 250ms is hardly game breaking.

Pax Amarria

02-15-2013

Support would be your best bet. Warding, providing auras and timing buff/objective is not affected by ping much if at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrful View Post
I play with multiple Australians who are used to 200-270 ping. After years of playing, they are just used to it and play normally.
It's manageable, but you're still playing at a serious disadvantage. My ping on NA server is around ~200ms and I've gotten used to it after playing for years but after trying a game on my region server (recently opened) with ~50 ping, I realized how gimped I was playing with 200 ping.

Everytime I fight someone and end up dying with the enemy walking away at critical health, I know I would have won the fight if my ping was lower allowing more smartcast spells and significantly more burst. For example it only take me less than a second to dish out 3 of Riven's Qs with ~50ms ping while it take 2-3 seconds to do the same with ~200ms ping.

Devious Rogue

02-15-2013

250 ping is nothing. Makes no difference. If you're having latency problems, it's not your ping.

missou

02-15-2013

Go Yorick top and role your face across the keyboard to produce ghouls to kill stuff for you.

Sir Jaxx

02-16-2013

I'm in the same situation as you, OP. I've found that the best lanes to play are Support and Jungle. I don't feel disadvantaged at all playing those roles. Where it really hurts me is in lanes where you have to CS, so if I HAVE to play mid or top I take AOE farming champs like Cho'Gath.

Having said that, there are top-level players who play with 250 ping, and they play all roles. Many "pro" North American players also play on the EU servers where they get 200-300 ping, and they still hold spots at the top of those ladders too. It's more about getting use to playing with your ping; I've just found support / jungle the easiest to get used to.