Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Computer crashing (black screen, fuzzy screen) during the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

marwels23

02-12-2013

About two months ago, I experienced constant crashes during my games. These crashes happened just about every game, no matter what else was running on my machine or anything like that. Note that these crashes are NOT blue screens; they are generally black screen crashes with the sound also going away, causing me to push the power button to completely turn off, but other times, it is a fuzzy screen, or it is a complete restart automatically. In any case, the computer must be restarted.

Now, I had quit playing for a couple of months until yesterday. Since then, my friend and I had switched graphics cards to see if that was the problem. After the switch, he continued to play the game without issue. I had stopped playing, but nothing else was crashing my computer anymore (previously, other things like streams were). Anyway, yesterday, I played 5 games without fail. Today, I play one game, and my computer crashes again. This might not exactly be LoL-related, but I'm really hoping someone here has a clue as to why my computer fails to handle this game without crashing. Thank you.

marwels23

02-13-2013

bump

kanevivi

02-13-2013

see i have the same issue at one point someone tryed cleaning out dust in the computer which i did and it worked for a few games but then started again after a time so i just shrugged and left it be. at times even makes me unplug my monitors and i know on those times its overheating but even when it doesn't it still does the black screen as well.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-13-2013

Marwels,

You might be able to get some more info from the Windows Error Reporting Log, take a look at the time stamps and see if you can match them to when the crashes occurred and see what they're saying in terms of failures.