[Ultimate Suggestion] Tweak of Ashe's ultimate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedLineGR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2009

Hey,

I've been playing for quite a while now, and from what i've seen, most heroes have skills and playstyle that fits the character / model / lore.

That said, I believe that Ashe throwing a gigantic arrow does not feel right. Yes, I understand that it is that size to actually have a chance of hitting something (though most are skilled enough anyway / get lucky) and also to be fairly visible on those last seconds before it hits you thus giving you the chance to avoid it, but it doesn't look good.

So, my suggestion is this:

- Rename the ultimate from "Enchanted Crystal Arrow" to "Flurry" or "Arrow Swarm".
- Change the model of the giant arrow, to a number of his normal arrow shots that will move in parallel, be spread as much as the giant arrow and increase in number per level.
- Deal a set amount of damage, plus a % of his physical damage or ability power and slow the target(s) by his level of frost shot, for the duration of frost shot plus 1 second.

The arrows will move in this fashion:

___________ -> -> -> ->
Ashe ->_____ -> -> -> -> ->
___________ -> -> -> ->

The point is to make Ashe's ulti more in line with the character, but not to alter its effect too much, therefore:

- The leading arrow will deal the most damage and stun the target for a duration increasing with distance as the current ultimate does.
- If the target is hit by the remaining 4 arrows behind the leading one, the damage taken will be the same as the former giant arrow (which is 600+AP as of current patch if I recall correctly).
- No target may be hit by more than 4(+1 with the leading arrow to a total of 5 for the main target) arrows at a time. Though they will still be able to be hit by arrows from different columns (e.g if they're positioned between columns, they'll be hit by both to a maximum of 5 arrow hits).
- The damage dealt by the 4 regular arrow hits, will add up to the % of the former ultimate (50% if I recall correctly).
- It will be rather scarce for all the arrows to find their targets, therefore arrows will splash a portion of their damage to the surrounding enemies up to a % of the total damage. Therefore an ultimate hitting target champion A plus heroes B and C (it will need at least 3 heroes to reach its full potential - all the arrows finding a target) will deal 600+AP dmg to hero A, 50% to heroes B and C, plus lets say up to a 25% bonus damage splashed if you get a perfect hit
- Number of arrows / damage per arrow could be tweaked to scale with level, e.g instead of simply increasing the damage output per arrow, the damage could be the same at all levels, and the number of arrows would change from 7/10/13 per level of the ultimate.
- After the initial arrow hits, the remaining arrows will continue until they hit a champion, or after 5-10 seconds, explode dealing half the damage they would, or just dissapear.
- It would also be logical to add a minimum range restriction, meaning you cannot hit targets that are at melee range.

Notes:
By changing the ultimate this way, players playing Ashe will need to choose their targets wisely and be at their best at team fights.

Playing as Ashe, you will be of great assistance during team fights, since your ulti will be of better use the more enemies there are.

Playing against Ashe, you will have to spread out with teammates to avoid getting the maximum damage from the arrows, which is practically the same as with the current ultimate.

Ok thats about it, I made this in a hurry so I didn't put much thought in the numbers (number of arrows, damage per arrow, etc.) its the change that I wanted to suggest, I'll leave the rest to you. Hope you like it, feedback is always welcome.

RedLineGR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2009

huh that's funny, 55 people read this and noone bothered to leave a comment saying "dude this sucks" or "nice but bla bla" or "wow you're amazing you should be working for Riot already".. there go my 20 minutes of righting this :'(

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

12-05-2009

No

Play

12-05-2009

ashe is a girl

EchoRex

12-05-2009

That ability is called Volley.

RedLineGR

12-06-2009

@razzle: "no", why?

@play: yes i'm aware of that, but i'm also bored of looking for typos in the post.

@echo7: volley spreads in a cone and is of low-medium range, the change to the ultimate i'm proposing would change the giant arrow to a number of normal ones that move at the same fashion the giant arrow does.

Sveniac

12-07-2009

People need to see the special, hence the giant arrow.

Just like Sivir's giant boomerang or equal.

RedLineGR

12-07-2009

Yes indeed, they do have to see it coming, friends and foes alike. But, making it a giant arrow is just the easy solution. If it were a number of ashes frost arrows ( blue and shiny at the tip, leaving a frost trail as they fly - that's just his normal projectile), imagine 13 of them flying in one direction, would it be too hard to notice them? even in a big fight, they would be fairly easy to see them coming and maybe avoid some of them.

Ad Victoriam

12-07-2009

This would be so ridiculously OP... Ashe already has one of the best late-game DPS in the game, and an incredible stun that lasts a couple seconds and deals heavy damage and area slow. Adding a bunch of other arrows to make it easier to hit people with her ulti would just be too powerful.

RedLineGR

12-08-2009

Even though the chance to actually do the full dmg with this ultimate would be really small, because 3 enemies would have to actually be stuck together for that to happen, I would ask you to forget about all the mechanics of how the new ultimate would work and just judge it from a cosmetic point of view.
Instead of a giant arrow, many normal arrows go boom on the first champion they find in their path, 1 hits? all hit. Same as the previous but only the model changes. how about that?