Idea: Champion Loyalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrant Zell

03-25-2013

bump

Tyrant Zell

03-25-2013

bump

Tyrant Zell

03-25-2013

bump

Boswick

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentalDeception View Post
This is an idea I pieced together from some old threads I remember reading and from some other games.

Basically, you could become "loyal" to a champion after meeting a set of requirements that champion, i.e. a certain number of wins, win rate, games played, etc.

Upon meeting these criteria, you gain a gold/plat/diamond tier (depending on the level of loyalty obtained) border around your champion icon in champ select. As with the portrait borders, they would only be shown to your team (to prevent the enemy team from getting scared). This is just to show people that you are experienced and knowledgeable in that champion. This would help out especially with people who main less common champs that are sometimes frowned upon. As an extra bonus, it could unlock something like a summoner icon. I believe Riot mentioned the possibility of letting us use summoner icons as avatars on the forums, so this would be even more rewarding.

One potential downside to this is some people would only play one champ. If you have any potential solutions to this, I'd love to hear them. I'd suggest having a minimum win rate requirement so people don't just spam tons of games. Also, playing consecutive games with that champ could grant progressively less loyalty.

Edit:
One concern people seem to have is people will look down upon people without borders. It was originally thought this would happen to ranked borders too, but it's really not a common problem. Strict requirements will be in place to ensure that the vast majority of the playerbase does not have a border, and therefore won't look down upon players who don't have one. It would be somewhat rare to see someone with a border instead of relatively common. It wouldn't be something that just everyone has, it would have to show true dedication to a champ.

Also, normal games could count, but ranked games would be weighted much more heavily towards obtaining loyalty. Consecutive games would give less loyalty to prevent spamming games with that champion in ranked.

Feedback/criticism appreciated.

100 upvotes in 20 hours
250 upvotes in 2 days
300 upvotes in 3 days
600 upvotes in 5 days

This is pretty sweet. Free bump

Tyrant Zell

03-25-2013

bump

Moe Hentai Miku

03-25-2013

Bump. Like this idea.

Tyrant Zell

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Hentai Miku View Post
Bump. Like this idea.
then keep bumping

Raptearer

Recruiter

03-25-2013

Bump of awesomeness! bout time someone recoginized my xerath and leona skills!

Tyrant Zell

03-25-2013

bump

Tyrant Zell

03-25-2013

bump