Idea: Champion Loyalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magister Gir

02-12-2013

hmm I honestly just passed by this thread thinking it was silly but seeing it again on the first page of GD I decided to read it and honestly like the idea of having Jax, Veigar (probably saying he'll kill him last), and Leona qouting to ME rather than their generic quotes is really cool. I think the borders is a nice touch as well especially if it was in champ select that would be great and the whole thing about it not showing up in the loading screen is a bit silly but is also a good thing because we hear the "You're diamond and losing to a bronze, LOL get carried scrub" we hear that in normals and honestly it's rather annoying when you can see that the other peson was having a hard time and the your mid was doing quite well with the jungler helping them even when the enemy warded, it's really hard to stand by and watch what happens in after game chat log.

Anyway, +1 to this and I would like to see this happen honestly.

Lord Graves III

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

I actually really really like this. It would even encourage new lane comps.

What would you rather have toplane, a cruddy rumble or an incredible Caitlyn.

bluemind210

02-12-2013

love it do want

Vanille

02-12-2013

very awesome idea

bannie

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentalDeception View Post
This is an idea I pieced together from some old threads I remember reading and from some other games.

Basically, you could become "loyal" to a champion after meeting a set of requirements that champion, i.e. a certain number of wins, win rate, games played, etc.

Upon meeting these criteria, you gain a gold/plat/diamond (depending on the level of loyalty obtained) border around your champion icon in champ select. As with the portrait borders, they would only be shown to your team (to prevent the enemy team from getting scared). This is just to show people that you are experienced and knowledgeable in that champion. This would help out especially with people who main less common champs that are sometimes frowned upon. As an extra bonus, it could unlock something like a exclusive champ quote.

One potential downside to this is some people would only play one champ. If you have any potential solutions to this, I'd love to hear them.

Edit: One concern people seem to have is people will look down upon people without borders. It was originally thought this would happen to ranked borders too, but it's really not a common problem. The requirements would be quite difficult to reach so that people who have a border are looked up to rather than people without a border being looked down on. It wouldn't be something that just everyone has, it would have to show true dedication to a champ.

Also, normal games could count, but ranked games would be weighted much more heavily towards obtaining loyalty.

Feedback/criticism appreciated.
It would be scary if someone was playing a champ with a border that is sooo hard to get and stuck in silver/gold.

Layla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroa View Post
Something along the lines of having a certain amount of wins over losses with that champion.
"55% win rate or higher with a minimum of 100 games played with this champion" would remove a lot of possible abuse cases while still showing you're experienced with said champ.

+1 for the idea.

2 Swainz

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
"55% win rate or higher with a minimum of 100 games played with this champion" would remove a lot of possible abuse cases while still showing you're experienced with said champ.

+1 for the idea.
I like this, the win rate keeps it exclusive so not everyone gets it but discourages just spamming games with that champ.

Layla

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentalDeception View Post
I like this, the win rate keeps it exclusive so not everyone gets it but discourages just spamming games with that champ.
Well, my thought was that if you are good with a champion, presumably, you win more often than you lose. 55% is barely above break-even, and most people who main champs are well above 60%. Choosing something higher may make it too exclusive since wins aren't necessarily based on how good you personally are. The 100 games requirement is an arbitrarily chosen number to make the statistic relevant -- e.g. 75% win rate with 4 games doesn't really say much.

Ireliateyou

02-12-2013

I'd be good with this idea only if it's exclusive to the player or can just be viewed on your profile. After all, people already use the banner as a means of ragging on people. "So that's why you were silver S2" "lol how the **** was this scrub plat" ect.

Corporal Cupcake

02-12-2013

Cool idea, a solution to the only playing one champ role would be that losing with that champ makes you lose loyalty, so once you have it you can still lose it.

Would appreciate people not raging at me when I pick Heimer, J4, Leblanc, and any other uncommon supports that I often play.