Leblanc: How to perform well lategame?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kawkadactyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Recently I have started to play leblanc in solo queue and have found her to be very strong early game to the point where i have started 14-0. Problem I have found is the lategame fall-off. Enemy team stacks MR, I attempt to get more magic pen, but often it is too late. Any suggestions for builds/gameplay to perform well lategame?

CL Lolshock

02-12-2013

Just work on harassing and taking out the squishies, especially the adc.

Causing Panic

02-12-2013

The best way is simply dont let it get to late game. From the sounds of it you arent pushing your advantages when you can(because a 14-0 leblanc is a scary sight and if she gets that fed early it should be gg) , prob doing what most people do at lower elos, they get kills and just keep the laning phase going as long as possible when you should be pushing, roaming, taking objectives when youre ahead

Vrykonik

02-12-2013

Void staff + haunting guise vrs MR. One of these two items should be your first AP item. They convert your damage early game to true damage and keep MR from being a problem later. Of course the void staff gives more AP and is more desirable unless the person is stacking health. In which case get the torment item as well.

Late game Leblanc is tricky. My best suggestion would tell your team to engage in poke wars from a distance and not to go in immediately. Just Q'ing opponents and throwing out E's into the crowd can seriously wear down opponents in poke phase. Save just enough mana to use your full combo at all times and once people engage look for important cooldowns to be used (stuns/snares). If you are good at judging this you should be able to hop in, kill someone and get out. Of course if you misjudge you die.

That is pretty much leblanc in a nut shell. People say you should take out the squishies with her... this is not always true late game. While it is ideal if you can kill their sources of damage that is not always possible. But if you do the poke game you might be able to kill 1 person and transform a 5v5 into a 4v5 at the very start of a fight. I find this works equally well but you have to be careful not to overestimate your killing power. If you just poke anyone at the start of a team fight you're just wasting your cooldowns. Spam Q at the start and wait for the correct time to gib someone.

Eventually you'll either figure out that you're really bad at judging cooldowns... or you'll simply own the enemy team. Each game can yield different results as well.

13ann3d4l1f3

02-12-2013

for leblanc specifically u wanna rush a hat and then work right into void staff prepare for late game get the 35% early and stack ap and hp after

cdr is important on lb she has low cd and fully maximizes dps as long as u dont die immediately

if u find yourself fed as any mid, help other lanes get the 1st tiers early and take map control

after that it is a matter of teamplay and champion skill, leblanc is best for single target burst and kiting

utilize your chains and jumps to keep the enemy team focused on an uncatchable target

SirHC Esquire

02-12-2013

LB is one of my main mid lanes. it is true she dose sort of fall off late game but thats only if it goes to late late game. like shaco LB is one of those champions where your goal is to prevent the game from going into late game. your goal is to kill everyone to the point of surrender. although sometimes you do get those teams that just wont give up in which case it is good to have a team mate playing a hyper AD so that when they stack MR to counter you the become weak to your team.

in team fights late game my objective is always take out the annoying person dip out then come back when I have an opening. for example their ADC is in the back of their team durring the team fight try to get around the side a bit then w jump + flash and combo the adc then w back to where you jumped from. it is important that you flash after you jump because it gives you that extra range when you w back. you have to combo fast but in 9 out of 10 case you will either kill or drop their health so low that they will die anyway before they even notice that you jumped in. usually after blowing my combo I will wait around in the back of the fight until I can qwe someone again.

as for items you need a DFG and a deathcap other then that it's up to you. enemy team stacks MR stack magic pen with a void staff + torment. my usualy build plan is boots, DFG, deathcap, void staff, crystal septet, GA or Warmoags (not joking, tired of being squishy and getting killed build a warmogs).

I have a pretty good gameplay on my youtube channel of LB I went 26-3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Jmgoy5jok

I hope this helps. LB in my opinion is the funnest champion to play.

WatDaWat

02-12-2013

You have to end it early when playing a lb.

The trade off for having such a beastly early game is a bad lategame.

It's like a reverse Vayne

ROKAF JE

02-12-2013

Bad LeBlancs don't farm and end up being useless after 25 minutes, despite having lots of kills (gold drop off FTW)
Good LeBlancs have 80+ CS per 10 minutes and transition nicely into lategame.

Build some defenses too. Glass cannon LeBlanc is also essentially useless late game, where even supports can kill you.

SeCKS Egai

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causing Panic View Post
The best way is simply dont let it get to late game. From the sounds of it you arent pushing your advantages when you can(because a 14-0 leblanc is a scary sight and if she gets that fed early it should be gg) , prob doing what most people do at lower elos, they get kills and just keep the laning phase going as long as possible when you should be pushing, roaming, taking objectives when youre ahead

Because she's a burst assassin, she's not gonna offer the utility or scaling of other mids late. You always want to press the advantage otherwise the enemy will end up leveling and itemizing for enough survival. Late game, you should be able to kill the adc regardless, its the bruisers and tanks that are going to make you feel like you hit for nothing tho.

KnightxSScarlett

02-12-2013

Snowball the other lanes and win it before 30 minutes.