anti focus vayne tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slash7

02-12-2013

i was in game that i picked vayne but everyone focused me and had tons of CC

what build do u suggest

assuming there is malphite and leona
or who ever gets near you instantly focuses you

summoner spells? i usually get flash i ghost to secure the kill as i usually am aggressive player
i assume cleanse as summoner spell but flash and ghost really gives me big mobility options

i assume banshee and angel as well as scimitar
but i think i would deal less damage
and recently i found out that blade of divine helps early after BT
divine as it helped me 1v2 today and i got double kill

i also wonder if i should get mercury treads instead berserkers

Sneaky Thing

02-12-2013

Better positioning. Stay behind your team until someone else engages and the enemy team blows some of their CC.

It's not a gaurantee, but it will keep you safer. You shouldn't be in front of the team unless you're poking, and poking should always be from a safe position anyway.

I'd also suggest you pick either ghost or flash and drop the other, pick up cleanse if you need to survivability and ignite to secure kills instead.

As Vayne, I generally run Ignite and Flash. I stay back until someone else engages.

Ultimately, between saying you're aggressive, have trouble getting focused, and choose high mobility, it sounds like you're constantly out of position, extended past your team, and unsafe. Keep your gameplay tighter and you'll die less.

SeCKS Egai

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash7 View Post
i was in game that i picked vayne but everyone focused me and had tons of CC

what build do u suggest

assuming there is malphite and leona
or who ever gets near you instantly focuses you

summoner spells? i usually get flash i ghost to secure the kill as i usually am aggressive player
i assume cleanse as summoner spell but flash and ghost really gives me big mobility options

i assume banshee and angel as well as scimitar
but i think i would deal less damage
and recently i found out that blade of divine helps early after BT
divine as it helped me 1v2 today and i got double kill

i also wonder if i should get mercury treads instead berserkers
cleanse/flash is worthwhile and can save you in a bad spot or help counter after the enemy puts you in a bad spot.

Ghost adds extra mobility, but if you're cc'd, that mobility isn't adding anything.

Do not buy blade of the divine - you're basically just putting yourself behind. It may have helped you in that instance, but long term its going to just put you behind.

merc treads won't help too much - the deadliest CC is knockup and tenacity does nothing for that. You need attack speed on vayne where you can fit it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Thing View Post
Better positioning. Stay behind your team until someone else engages and the enemy team blows some of their CC.

It's not a gaurantee, but it will keep you safer. You shouldn't be in front of the team unless you're poking, and poking should always be from a safe position anyway.

I'd also suggest you pick either ghost or flash and drop the other, pick up cleanse if you need to survivability and ignite to secure kills instead.

As Vayne, I generally run Ignite and Flash. I stay back until someone else engages.

Ultimately, between saying you're aggressive, have trouble getting focused, and choose high mobility, it sounds like you're constantly out of position, extended past your team, and unsafe. Keep your gameplay tighter and you'll die less.
As Sneaky said, I'm guessing your positioning needs work. Vayne at release was very strong all around, and since then her early game (ala laning phase) is one of the weakest of all the adcs. Being aggressive on her early is more likely to get you killed and put you behind unless you as vayne and your support are controlling the lane.

Team fight wise, you're going to get focused once you're in range. Sometimes, there's little you can do about it. Other times, its simply a matter of being patient and going in at the ideal time.

ZOMGTURTLE

02-12-2013

Against characters like Malphite and Leona, clever usage of your Flash and Ult/Tumble will save your life often. One of the best tips that I can give you when being dove is to begin moving in a bad direction as you ult, then Q in the direction you actually want to kite. This typically buys you an extra little bit of time as they spend an extra second chasing in the wrong direction.

As mentioned before, positioning is paramount. Your true damage can rip through the tankiest of characters, so staying back where your team can protect you and only shooting at whoever you safely can is ideal.

Slash7

02-12-2013

so basically focus on silver and get phantom dancer before bloodthirster?
and if i cant get anyone else shoot the tank?

ZOMGTURTLE

02-12-2013

Quote:
so basically focus on silver and get phantom dancer before bloodthirster?
and if i cant get anyone else shoot the tank?
Vayne is one character that can get away with PD before BT, but in general, I'd say get some AD first (Vamp Scepter, BF sword if doing well), then Zeal (can go PD or Shiv from there). All depends on the game and the opponents.

And yes, rule of thumb on any AD carry. No matter who yells at you "Noob u shot tank," your job is to focus whoever you can safely hit. If their tank isn't a threat and you can light someone more important up, do it. If that Alistar running at you can CC you back into the team and get you killed, you kite and focus him. This is where positioning is crucial.

02-12-2013

1.Max q first
2.ULT
3.Q every 2 seconds
4. ?????
5. PROFIT

Plus yeah you can hit the tank if thats the only safe option might as well take em out when you can and when its your only option then just sitting there being dumb

Slash7

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49803 View Post
1.Max q first
2.ULT
3.Q every 2 seconds
4. ?????
5. PROFIT

Plus yeah you can hit the tank if thats the only safe option might as well take em out when you can and when its your only option then just sitting there being dumb
logically if i max Q 1st i have to buy BT 1st to benefit my Q right?

SeCKS Egai

02-15-2013

Quote:
logically if i max Q 1st i have to buy BT 1st to benefit my Q right?

Don't take that advice literally.

Q is usually a priority on Vayne since it's not only a positioning tool, it resets your attack and buffs the damage and the cd is 1s less per rank.

I prioritize BT because you're building a BF and scepter anyway and the best time to build up stacks is laning, not to mention how much it improves last-hitting.

I used to run attack speed setups with vayne and focusing on the silver bolts first, but having that q available every 2s or so can be clutch.