Im done with this Community.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dream of Glory

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyerbert View Post
so a few hours after posting here I had an epic game, 10 people all working together, all friendly. My faith is restored. It was unranked but it doesn't matter I got a reminder of the LoL that captured me for so long. I did want to address one thing about so many of these threads. And I really appreciate how this one started.

For me, it's not about reaching a higher league. I'm not going to rage if i never make silver. Heck if i drop to the bottom of Bronze 5 I can deal with that. Probably won't be happy, but it's the quality of characters of some players that pushes me to leave the game. I'm learning more and more to view League as a sport, I have the same complaints about playing hockey (or any sport): If my teammates have poor attitudes and stop trying before the end, then the game is ruined for everyone on the team. We have tribunal to enforce the summoners code, I wonder if there's some way to do sportsmanship training for new players. Sports teams make kids shake hands and do the "good game" line while kids are training. The Pokemon CCG makes shaking hands teh first step of setup in the rulebook.

I can't think of any ingenious ways to do this right now, but would be interested in others' thoughts.

Yeah man, good for you :3. I enjoy reading people's post on this thread. Very constructive and positive. Those are the kind of players I enjoy gaming with. If anyone is having trouble playing ranked and is reading this, I highly recommend trying to play ONE champion as much as you can. You will gain elo off it, but I recommend playing them normals first to get the hang of them. Also, wards wards wards. Smart vision wins games, but ONLY IF your team is willing to use the vision. If you drop a ward it does nothing for you if you still get ganked because you're not focusing on the map.

That just happened to me a few hours ago actually. That was my own fault, I had the ward but I didn't check the minimap often enough.

FPfr3ak

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by godliketoaster View Post
It happens to me quite a lot. Especially in ranked. I wish there was a "Vote to kick" button for people who locked in immediately or even just any character. Heck, I would be OK with a pick your role then queue type of matchup.
I totally agree with you. I was about to open a topic in order to propose this. There SHOULD be kick out button for those who want to troll and they should be banned for those 30 minutes. I tell them each and every time that they should pick what its left, there is no calling in ranked. When you're playing ranked means you can play any role, and you SHOULD play any role. If you're not capable, stay in normal.

Dream of Glory

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPfr3ak View Post
I totally agree with you. I was about to open a topic in order to propose this. There SHOULD be kick out button for those who want to troll and they should be banned for those 30 minutes. I tell them each and every time that they should pick what its left, there is no calling in ranked. When you're playing ranked means you can play any role, and you SHOULD play any role. If you're not capable, stay in normal.

However, if you have proper teamwork just about any setup can work! I actually encourage people to not stay within the confines of the "meta". If it gets you the win it is a valid strategy regardless of how crazy it is. I think it's better to play on the safer side of course and stick with what is established, but sometimes people just cant play a role, and in those situations, I heartily embrace their decisions as long as they are polite about it.

EclipticPromise

02-16-2013

Maybe you should stop following the meta.

Dream of Glory

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipticPromise View Post
Maybe you should stop following the meta.
It's basically what I was saying. That it's okay to try new things. You'll grow more and learn more. Isn't that how new stratagies are uncovered anyhow? The meta is in a state of flux. It grows and evolves as people try out new stratagies.

*shrugs* What I just don't get is why people think if you take clairvoyance its "gg". That mentality is reminescent of a player who is not open to thinking out of the box and shows very little originality and creativity.

LogicalTautology

02-17-2013

Not going to lie OP, sounds like part of the problem might be you. I literally cannot remember the last time I've played a game where we had no one willing to fill one of the 5 conventional roles. Like, it's been literally months since that happened, back when I was level 15.