Im done with this Community.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyerbert View Post
I've just finished loss 5 or 6 in a row for ranked and I have a similar complaint. I too am a low level player, I'm in bronze league and probably belong there. But my biggest issue is half of my league is filled with players of my skill and the rest of them are people who die twice, rage that the jungler is at fault (or support/tank/anyone but them) and begin to build 6 zeals and feed. Just how does one carry out of this? Especially when i try to fill in roles and it's the same thing everyone demands the one role and won't be flexible. I was ridiculed so badly last night i felt like crying. I'm starting to approach uninstalling. I used to like this game. I miss those nights when win or lose you had fun.
The problem with bronze is that the crybabies are most concentrated there (its easier to complain about someone else then accept fault for themselves) and the biggest motivation to get out of bronze is the community you end up having to deal with.

The irony I'm coming to realize is that in order to carry yourself out of bronze is more often than not you're going to have to play well above what you'd expect out of a silver. I've seen bronze players that outplayed silvers but what can ya do.

Mattmanlooloo

02-13-2013

Its so broken. It seems like the higher ranked you are, the less you have to try. I can see now why Pro's use Smurf accounts. Its ****ing HARD to get out of a slump like this. But you guys are right, things do get better. I just played my third game in a row where someone called support. I called it the first game, and the other two games someone actually called support before I called adc. Phyerbert, I think you need to give league some time until you settle in a skill area where you belong. To be honest, I think Bronze league is just an extended league placement.

MrJanuary

02-13-2013

I've come to realize that a very important skill to master in solo queue, is the ability to work with EVERY team you are set up with. Meaning, you have beat your team as well as the other team. Meaning, you do whatever you can to work with the team and you do it to the best of your ability. This often involves sacrificing your pride and your idea of 'how things should be.' But you put so much effort into mastering the normal skills, why not challenge yourself to maneuver the many obstacles in dealing with your teammates. Honestly, if you're having a problem with your teammates, I think its because you are part of the problem yourself. You are participating in the bickering. Take your teammates as they are and adapt to the situation. Everyone gets the same type of BS in solo queue so in order to rise above the normal player and move up in the ranking if that is your goal in playing, you have to find things that will differentiate you from those players. One of the simplest things in doing so is being able to deal with your teammates. Do it every game and I'm sure you will rise. There are many skills involved in playing this game. If you are stuck in an elo then I'm pretty sure you belong there. Stop meditating on what youre doing right, get out of your victim mentality, and meditate on what you are doing wrong. This is the only way you will notice your weaknesses and learn from them. Same works for life.

MrJanuary

02-13-2013

Also, stop thinking about 'rising' in elo if you can. Just focus on your game and improving. I mean, do you have a set goal in your quest for ever higher heights? Will you be satisfied once you get gold? Im betting, once you get there you will be even more anxious about getting even higher or maintaining your position. But, all along the way, all you have thought about is your elo and have never truly spent time thinking about your game.

Dream of Glory

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmanlooloo View Post
Every. Single. Game. For the past 20 games, there has been a dispute on who gets to play what in champ select. It can be in Draft pick normals, Blind Pick, or Ranked. 90% of the time, 4 people call out the roles they want to play (Mid, Adc, Top, Jungler.) Then, the 5th person gets butthurt and refuses to play any sort of support role. Im not a high level player, I dont claim to be in a high league, but I consider myself to be pretty decent at this game. I have literally only won 1 game in the past 3 days. Sometimes I have more deaths than kills, but more often than not I'm positive for the team. Even when I have more deaths, I still feel like Im always in a position to help my team. It's not even like I cant play support champs or dont have the right runes pages; I do. But I want to get better at different things.

When an enemy team is running a conventional team and you're just simply not, you can't win in team fights. This will ultimately lose you the game if not played absolutely perfectly. This is what people refer to being in Elo hell. You personally may be pretty skilled, or at least more skilled than your League/Elo/whatever. but you cannot win games if you team isn't either top tier best of the best, or uses strategies that have been proven to work.

Something needs to be done. Im sick of logging onto this game, expecting to have a good time and get better, and then it gets ruined by the 20% of the community that just doesn't want to cooperate. League of Legends made it possible for any person or team to become professional gamers, but it seems like the entire community is set out to stop that from happening.

Thoughts?

Check these out. They'll help you improve. We all need to, myself included.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_stages_of_competence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superiority_complex

Also check out SIV HD on youtube, he makes great videos with practical tips to improve your game! Hope these helped. Good luck on the Fields of Justice, brother!

Dream of Glory

02-13-2013

I'll leave you with a quote from Sun Tzu's the Art of War.

A general can secure himself against any defeat, but it's up to his enemy to provide an opportunity for victory.

first time Vayne

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmanlooloo View Post
Honestly, I think that you should pick your role before you go into matchmaking. Everyone goes in with a gameplan, and you play better when you stick to that. The way that the matchmaking system works ensures that 1 person on every team has to go against their game plan.
It doesn't ensure anything of the sort. The fact that there is so much dispute over roles simply means people aren't coming into the queue with a flexible mindset -- i.e. they aren't putting the needs of the team (which are the needs of winning) first. Also, it means that people aren't open to "trying new things," as the OP says he is. This whole thread is hypocritical and useless. You're all just mad because you don't always get to play what you want. Team game, dudes.

Dream of Glory

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
It doesn't ensure anything of the sort. The fact that there is so much dispute over roles simply means people aren't coming into the queue with a flexible mindset -- i.e. they aren't putting the needs of the team (which are the needs of winning) first. Also, it means that people aren't open to "trying new things," as the OP says he is. This whole thread is hypocritical and useless. You're all just mad because you don't always get to play what you want. Team game, dudes.
I do agree that teamwork is essential in every game. That being said, it can be very frustrating if nobody wants to play support and you play it because the team needs it, despite hating the role. That's happened to me before 6 games in a row, very annoying.

But, I do feel that whats important to a successful and winning team is a willingness to accept constructive criticism, maintain a positive attitude and always bring attention back to the game itself. It also helps to check your postioning every few seconds, and check the map. If it's late game, and you have no vision, and 2-5 are mia, you really probably should not be roaming solo, EVEN IF it is to drop a ward. I'm sure we've all had that experience of dropping a ward to help the team out and the whole enemy team is in the bush you just warded. If we're being honest with ourselves we've all been caught out of position in some games, leading the the loss of the team.

Regardless, act with integrity. Act with conscious deliberate effort to help your teammates if you see they are having a hard laning phase.

And always thank you jungler if they decide to ward for your lane. Some of the best moments I've had in league were due to perfect support players, and perfect junglers. I'm talking about exacting levels of teamwork and help from them. They're usually the most selfless players I encounter. I want to thank you guys for your work. Thanks!

Sestrel

02-14-2013

First of all, sorry about your bad luck. it's frustrating to lose so many games in a row due to bad luck or bad teammates.
With that being said, if someone doesn't want to play support then they shouldn't be forced to do so. It's much better for people to play champions that they are actually good at than one that fits into some role.
Also, I would argue that good teamwork could beat any meta. I've seen so many strange and unusual teams win because they worked together. However, going into a game with a negative bias towards your teammates or people who want to break convention a little will only promote bad feelings whether you mean to or not. And those bad feelings alone will lose any game.

phyerbert

02-14-2013

so a few hours after posting here I had an epic game, 10 people all working together, all friendly. My faith is restored. It was unranked but it doesn't matter I got a reminder of the LoL that captured me for so long. I did want to address one thing about so many of these threads. And I really appreciate how this one started.

For me, it's not about reaching a higher league. I'm not going to rage if i never make silver. Heck if i drop to the bottom of Bronze 5 I can deal with that. Probably won't be happy, but it's the quality of characters of some players that pushes me to leave the game. I'm learning more and more to view League as a sport, I have the same complaints about playing hockey (or any sport): If my teammates have poor attitudes and stop trying before the end, then the game is ruined for everyone on the team. We have tribunal to enforce the summoners code, I wonder if there's some way to do sportsmanship training for new players. Sports teams make kids shake hands and do the "good game" line while kids are training. The Pokemon CCG makes shaking hands teh first step of setup in the rulebook.

I can't think of any ingenious ways to do this right now, but would be interested in others' thoughts.