Im done with this Community.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mattmanlooloo

02-12-2013

Every. Single. Game. For the past 20 games, there has been a dispute on who gets to play what in champ select. It can be in Draft pick normals, Blind Pick, or Ranked. 90% of the time, 4 people call out the roles they want to play (Mid, Adc, Top, Jungler.) Then, the 5th person gets butthurt and refuses to play any sort of support role. Im not a high level player, I dont claim to be in a high league, but I consider myself to be pretty decent at this game. I have literally only won 1 game in the past 3 days. Sometimes I have more deaths than kills, but more often than not I'm positive for the team. Even when I have more deaths, I still feel like Im always in a position to help my team. It's not even like I cant play support champs or dont have the right runes pages; I do. But I want to get better at different things.

When an enemy team is running a conventional team and you're just simply not, you can't win in team fights. This will ultimately lose you the game if not played absolutely perfectly. This is what people refer to being in Elo hell. You personally may be pretty skilled, or at least more skilled than your League/Elo/whatever. but you cannot win games if you team isn't either top tier best of the best, or uses strategies that have been proven to work.

Something needs to be done. Im sick of logging onto this game, expecting to have a good time and get better, and then it gets ruined by the 20% of the community that just doesn't want to cooperate. League of Legends made it possible for any person or team to become professional gamers, but it seems like the entire community is set out to stop that from happening.

Thoughts?

toasteros

02-12-2013

It happens to me quite a lot. Especially in ranked. I wish there was a "Vote to kick" button for people who locked in immediately or even just any character. Heck, I would be OK with a pick your role then queue type of matchup.

Mattmanlooloo

02-12-2013

Honestly, I think that you should pick your role before you go into matchmaking. Everyone goes in with a gameplan, and you play better when you stick to that. The way that the matchmaking system works ensures that 1 person on every team has to go against their game plan.

Pantspartyy

02-12-2013

Enjoy 25 min queue waiting for supports to queue with you.

Jason411

02-12-2013

Well at least you get people that will talk. I get people that just instalock without mentioning what lane they'll be playing.

I got into a champ select and said "Top or jungle please". Someone picks Fiora without saying anything so I assume they're top. So I select Vi without locking in. So another guy who was ALSO assuming Fiora would be going top locked in Shen(No clue why. But he was expecting to play bot with our ADC). But when we loaded in Fiora she just went on down to bot. And then later DC'd and never came back.

Same thing with a Xin. I said "Top or jungle", he picks his Xin, doesn't tell me if he wants to jungle or top,so I just lock in on Vi and go Smite. Xin actually went top. But still. Would have been nice if he had mentioned it in champ select.

Delete Teemo

02-12-2013

be flexible. If someone's not good at support, dont make em support. What ive noticed in ranked is that support is the easiest role to throw the game as. If you have a crappy support, then just switch roles with him so he doesnt feed their adc

XXNickV2

02-12-2013

This is why I enjoy a full pre-made team or mostly pre-made, Although I hardly have a team sometimes I do sometimes I don't stuff happens :/ but there are alot of nice people out there.

SeCKS Egai

02-12-2013

You've had a nasty string of luck and its destroyed your norm hidden elo. If you've only won one game in the last 3 days and are playing religiously, it sounds like you're gonna need to carry yourself out.

Before you do, you might want to take it easy and go against AI where there's less drama and you don't have to worry so much about meta. If you're getting that frustrated with norms and ranked, predictable ai can be a nice stress reliever.

Mattmanlooloo

02-12-2013

I just played a very good game of sivir, that we barely won due to the fact that someone actually wanted to support. I think if the ques were really 25 minutes, people would be like me and just learn to like playing support. Im not trying to say that I dont like playing support. Have you ever played a fast pace lane like Leona or Alistar? Its pretty sweet when you can be like "man, I made that play happen. If it werent for those stuns/silences/whatever, this wouldnt have worked." Thats awesome. You dont need to be 10/0/0 to have a good time at this game. Im just sick of being the only person who knows how to support.

phyerbert

02-12-2013

I've just finished loss 5 or 6 in a row for ranked and I have a similar complaint. I too am a low level player, I'm in bronze league and probably belong there. But my biggest issue is half of my league is filled with players of my skill and the rest of them are people who die twice, rage that the jungler is at fault (or support/tank/anyone but them) and begin to build 6 zeals and feed. Just how does one carry out of this? Especially when i try to fill in roles and it's the same thing everyone demands the one role and won't be flexible. I was ridiculed so badly last night i felt like crying. I'm starting to approach uninstalling. I used to like this game. I miss those nights when win or lose you had fun.