Do you really think the universe was just....there?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ixaltus

02-12-2013

Gravity is a theory, but you don't see creationists freaking out about gravity. I guess that's because the theory of gravity wouldn't unravel their religion like a tattered rag, like evolution does. GG.

I don't think the universe came from nothing, and neither do a lot of physicists. The current idea is that the universe is something of a bubble expanding in an impossibly large infinite denseness, and that there could be any number of bubbles (universes) expanding in this higher-order, "greater" existence.

But that just shifts the problem. Where did the infinite denseness come from (assuming it exists)?

As far as we are arguing, it doesn't matter... because if the theists are trying to argue that the universe can't come from nothing, and then just go on some blind assumption that their god came from nothing, or simply "always was", then that's pretty hilarious irony.

Surakai

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixaltus View Post
As far as we are arguing, it doesn't matter... because if the theists are trying to argue that the universe can't come from nothing, and then just go on some blind assumption that their god came from nothing, or simply "always was", then that's pretty hilarious irony.
That's a pretty retarded cheap shot. That's like me saying atheists contradict the hell out of their own beliefs because they also believe in reincarnation (yes, I have dealt with this on more than one occasion). Basically, everything they believe obviously has nothing to do with logic, they believe it simply because they want to believe it.

Quite honestly I am never surprised when atheists say such things since 90% of the stuff that comes out of their mouths about some sort of deism is the same type of stupidity.

The average deist should be well aware that by believing a God has necessary existence then dirt could have necessary existence as well. That doesn't change the fact that believing intelligence programmed everything to work how it does today will always be a significantly more viable belief than dirt doing everything on its own as if it had some form of intelligence but would literally be pure randomness.

edit: mad atheists love forums with a downvote button.

Ixaltus

02-12-2013

There's multiple lines of reasoning going on in this thread and you're mixing them all together to accuse people of conclusions they never made- the "it's all turtles all the way down" problem has absolutely nothing to do with intelligent design, as you in your last paragraph are implying I implied. Which I never did.

ANYWAY, speaking about irony, we have a deist (I assume) saying that atheists don't operate on logic, and simply believe what they want to believe. I hope you were being sarcastic or trying to turn a phrase there or something.

ThorOdinMog

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surakai View Post
That was one of the most retarded things I have ever read.

The logic of an atheist...

It may not be a fact tomorrow because it isn't a fact today, so stop calling it a fact because we all know deep down that half the sh*t atheists believe isn't even close.
Congratulations, you're showing everybody how retarded you are!

SkeithGotBanned

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOFIECOPTER View Post
What happened to your name being in blue?
It is still in blue.