Do you really think the universe was just....there?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muchkler

02-12-2013

Been debating about this with myself for quite some time now, it just doesn't seem right that it was just....there, and then The Big Bang happened and it expanded. I've watched a lot of videos to make sure this was right and that it wasn't the other way around, and pretty much everyone thinks the universe was just.....there.

Thoughts?

Cheshire Lunacy

02-12-2013

Everything that ever was or ever will be around. Only memories and time is forgotten, when this universe expands beyond stability, it will be born again in the very ashes of the last.

Skeith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

As much as they tell you it's a fact, it's not.

It's like evolution. They tell you it's the "truth" but one proof contradicts the other.

inb4 downvotes

Cheshire Lunacy

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeith View Post

It's like evolution. They tell you it's the "truth" but one proof contradicts the other.

inb4 downvotes
Something cannot come from nothing. For Nothing is Something in it's self.

Bristlegrand

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Lunacy View Post
Something cannot come from nothing. For Nothing is Something in it's self.
I'm not a physicist like Mere, but I'm pretty sure the universe isn't governed by semantics.

ThorOdinMog

02-12-2013

Quote:

inb4 downvotes
Silly creationists, no one claims it to be truth, but what our current understanding of it is, and is subject to change at any moment we gain new information about any subject, evolution, etc. What is fact now, may not be fact tomorrow, because science is awesome.

Folly Inc

02-12-2013

The reality of the universes existence is that people don't know what the balls happened. The Big Bang Theory is just that, a theory. It's the best theory out there at the moment, and it hasn't been disproven. However, it hasn't been proven either, a great number of things could've happened, and the world may never know the true answer.

I tend to think about the universe as a giant, self evolving computer though. The big bang was just the power button being pushed, and energy being pumped into the universe at a constant, defined amount.

ROOFIECOPTER

02-12-2013

Quote:

inb4 downvotes
What happened to your name being in blue?

Cheshire Lunacy

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlegrand View Post
I'm not a physicist like Mere, but I'm pretty sure the universe isn't governed by semantics.
the universe isn't governed by "Physics" but "Qauntom Mechanics"

in other words, Earth's Physics of something like an apple will always fall down in the same force no matter what doesn't work from the outside of earth. The further you get from home the more physics doesn't apply any more.

in fact it has been said in the Qaubntom Physicist area that if you shot a bullet in space the further it got from the point of origin the faster the bullet would hyper accelerate.

it is said that if something is shot with force in space, it would not stop until it either hit something, or deteriated from the hyper accelerated speed.

I could imagine if you shot a missile in space by the time it hit its target (say a planet several galaxies a way (with standing the fact that it would prolly hit something or deteriate before then) that the actual impact of the missile would be 100 times greater than the atomic bomb)

In fact, Space has such a bad habit of breaking all the rules of physics, Most of the theoretical scientists who work on the comprehension of space, time, and origin of the universe. Have absulutelutly no idea how to comprehend anything in space

It is theoretically believed that a bullet fired from the earth's orbit in such a way that it would not be pulled into the orbit, would travel so far and accelerate so fast that at one point it should indeed poke a hole in the universe.

What am I saying with this Novel of a post? Scientists have basically come to the conclusion, that everything that we learned about the laws of physics, does not apply outside of earth, and the farther from earth and our galaxy we go the laws that govern physics loosen more.

Surakai

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinMog View Post
What is fact now, may not be fact tomorrow, because science is awesome.
That was one of the most retarded things I have ever read.

The logic of an atheist...

It may not be a fact tomorrow because it isn't a fact today, so stop calling it a fact because we all know deep down that half the sh*t atheists believe isn't even close.