Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZioticX

02-12-2013

I have had a bunch of thoughts about jungling in general so instead of making a new thread for each one I've decided just to post them here.

1.) Wouldn't it be best to jungle with a mana-less champion?

For example Lee sin, trynd, and all of those champions. Whenever I jungle with a mana champion I find myself running low on mana when clearing camps and this becomes a problem with ganks. So i usually take the blue for myself when it could be used on the ap carry. For example : Shaco. Shaco uses a lot of mana to clear camps so is it wrong for me to take blue for myself or give it to the ap mid?

2.) Shaco ganking potential.

I've noticed shaco doesn't have quite the burst damage as most junglers have like xin zhao, fiora, diana etc etc. I was wondering his role in the jungle. Is it just to farm as possible and gank only when the opponent in REALLY over extended. Or look for ganks using your q? This is almost the same with amumu. But amumu has a stun so that's a whole different story.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

02-12-2013

You should never expect to take the second blue golem - plenty of AP mids (or most folks who run mid in general) tend to plan on using it.

Manaless doesn't always mean better. Lee Sin is very strong, but only in capable hands as he's one of the most complex champs in game. Trynd doesn't offer much to most team comps, especially since you need a bruiser/offtank in the jungle for most team comps.

Shaco is an assassin, so you're looking to ambush the enemy so that you have a favorable situation. You aren't ganking if you go to bot lane to 3 v 2 when the enemy team has full hp and your other two are relatively low.