Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Metal is only for edgy teenagers trying to be outsiders.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AK47WOLF

02-12-2013

Quote:
WATCHMAKERZILEAN:
Don't agree? Then prove me wrong.

Maybe for death metal, but not for symphonic metal.

AK47WOLF

02-12-2013

Quote:
Buderfingers:
I dont think you can define a person by the type of music they listen to. Yep, pretty sure thats impossible.

But people like to define themselves by the music they listen to. It's a 2-way street. People can't say music defines their character when its beneficial for them, and reject it when something negative pops up.

For example, rap defines some people. If you drive around town blasting profane music that glorifies ***, rape, murder, drugs and etc., you are defining yourself. You're advertising that no civilized person should give you the time of day. And you can't complain when they don't.

vcadoda

02-12-2013

I never understood why they called it metal

gankas kon

02-12-2013

Quote:
Kroda13:
False I am very much into Metal have 2 kids and am also very proud to be a nerd. Not to mention Kids can't pilot commercial ariliners Bruce from Iron Maiden is a pilot.

lol child

CatchandKiss

02-12-2013

Good enough for Mordekaiser is good enough for me.

Quote:
AK47WOLF:
Maybe for death metal, but not for symphonic metal.

I like Medieval Metal. That's the nerdiest metal of the all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QWS1xUkUaA

Easy Pickins

02-12-2013

Troll thread, but http://youtu.be/f3hyJGosX8c also check out his Obscura covers.

JacobianMatrix

02-12-2013

You could argue OP's point for black/satanic metal, because the entire point is for the messages to be in direct conflict with society. Its more or less the rebel-without-a-cause syndrome.

The rest of the genre actually is musically intricate/melodic/tasteful, provided you can get past certain elements.

It's kind of like alcohol. You can take a look at Four lokos and then (falsely) generalize saying "alcohol is for people trying to get shitfaced in the quickest manner possible." But this is untrue; people enjoy fine wines as well as handcrafted beers and liquors for their taste.

LouisLeGros

02-12-2013

Metal heads are all nerds and pretty much embrace it, they've just expanded outside of the "traditional" realms of nerd-dom. They aren't edgy and a lot of the time one of the reasons they get into it is the inclusiveness of the community.

coheedrocks72

02-22-2013

Metal...a kids genre....your so ignorant.

Sure there are alot of kids listening to the more scene metal right now. Filled with breakdowns every 2 seconds with just alot of chugga chugga but the thing is they love their music.

Metalheads are some of the MOST devoted listeners and musicians i have ever met. They (i am including myself in this) talk about their music with such passion and conviction. Its hard to look from the outside/in to see what i'm talking about when i say that metal is the most emotional/complex form of music without you actually sitting down and listening to a few albums and getting used to it.

The first time i listened to my first metal album...i think it was..the jester race/in flames. I ****ing hated it, every second of it..then i found a cool riff i liked, looked at the lyrics book and thought wow i cant understand what he's saying but these lyrics are actually good. The more i listened, the more i could understand with the growling and less intimidating the music because. I learned some songs on guitar and realized how empowering it is to play a ****ing awesome metal song and i was hooked.

Been in and out of a few metal bands and i wouldnt play any other type of music now. Im 26 with a kid on the way, been a metalhead since 16 and i'm glad my brother got me to listen. I do like almost every genre, including a few rappers, but nothing touches metal as far as complexity, emotion, and talent.

No you cant define somebody by what music they like. Yes when i was younger, i wore all black, fingernail polish, eyeliner, fishnet tops, chains, everything...and i played DDR for about...well the entire time i was like that about 5 years. Now i'm an adult, still play ddr, still listen to metal, when i go to metal shows, i do pull out the old fishnet top sometimes if the place allows it so because its so much cooler (as in its not as hot when im in the most pit). Most people dont even realize i am a metal head and when i do tell them their like..wow...really...you seem like a punk kind of guy (bad religion as in, not green ****)

Surakai

02-23-2013

80% of all forms of metal is gross, especially that old sh*t all the dumb*sses seem to have been brainwashed to obsess over.

the other 20% is awesome as hell though.