Laning against Elise

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vampboi

02-12-2013

Can anyone share some tips/pointers on how to lane against this beast. I have played probably 15 or so champions against her now and lost the lane every single time. Played a variety of champions, AP, AD, tankyish people, all of them I just seem to get destroyed by Elise. Elise's combos do a lot of dmg from range, her Q especially, catch you with a stun and a q/e transform jump on you combo just kills me without a lot of recourse because of the lifesteal from her W while in spider form. I am really struggling to find a way to beat her in lane. I've tried super sustain with items and just went 9 pots and a couple wards but that didn't seem to help either.

Also the matches I've played against her haven't even really been like, close or anything. Ive just gotten destroyed and can't find a way to beat her. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

EDIT: Oh and in before the inevitable "l2dodge the stun" because i dodge it fairly well, but nobody can dodge 100%.

ROKAF JE

02-12-2013

Magic resist and sustain.
Elise has very little sustain without alot of ap.
If you let her poke you down, you'll lose.

Vampboi

02-12-2013

I've tried sustain champs and after leveling her Q a couple times Elise's Q just does more dmg than u can heal. Maybe it just seems that way...

Alleria

02-12-2013

Beat Elise? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Your best bet is Yorrick or Cho'Gath and you still could lose with Cho'Gath.

Runa44

02-12-2013

Rush negatron cloak and merc treads and hope to out farm her

TheFriendlyUncle

02-12-2013

PUSH the lane RELENTLESSLY before she gets higher level. Elise has horrible wave clear for the early levels. Run something like 9 pot and 2 wards. MS quints helps a lot. Aim for 2 400G MR mantle on ur 1st back.
once you hit 6, PUSH and go gank, push and go gank. Or push and then go back, do not stay in the lane and let her poke you down.

Example of champ u can try: zed, khazix,

Vampboi

02-12-2013

Thanks I'll give these suggestions a try!

Xer087

02-12-2013

Poke poke and like people said push lane, her wave clear sucks.. she will go oom spamming W trying to push it, or go spider in which case U can poke her at range and its harder for her to land poke back. I'd suggest jayce I think he would be a good vs elise with ur run speed buff, and knock back to piss her off after she R-E to you

Xer087

02-12-2013

A side note she has 2 abilties (one in each form) that do % life dmg.. so building HP vs her isnt as usefule as building MR. Just a heads up.

Alleria

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer087 View Post
A side note she has 2 abilties (one in each form) that do % life dmg.. so building HP vs her isnt as usefule as building MR. Just a heads up.

This is probably the most notable thing. Elise is strong in our current meta due to health stacking. There is no way around this either, if you are a top laner, you will definitely be building some form of health. You will definitely need a Hexdrinker if you are not winning, however, it will not stop the hurt. Elise will still hurt.