Giving up on ranked for a while

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DefinitelyNotADC

02-11-2013

I have been trying since mid way through s2 to climb out of bronze, and it's not happening for me, so im going to quit and get my 1000 wins in normals before i go back, increase my mechanics to what i feel are sound, and see how it gooes from there. tired of blaming bad teams, i know with more practice i can get out.

latepopcorn

02-11-2013

good luck, bronze is a scary place

DefinitelyNotADC

02-11-2013

eh its not that scary, just too many trolls and leavers to make it enjoyable. I want to find the fun in this game again. so 1000 wins seems like a reachable yet long goal, and theres no stress of dropping down ladders or anything, its just all for fun and to get better. Plus i hear if you get 1000 wins reds might que with you. that would be sweeeeet

SHMEEPS phd

02-11-2013

I have a pad of sticky notes next to my computer. I write little tips or goals before each game (depending on match ups) and after each engagement (if I messed up or something).

just simple things like "Don't die" or "No fair fights vs. Darius" or "No reckless engages."

It's really helping me. Slow road, but i'm making noticeable progress out of bronze.

Just focus on what you have control over. If you're going positive in 95% of games, you WILL climb out.

DefinitelyNotADC

02-11-2013

ehh its not even that.. i know if i wanted to i could grind out. but i dont find the fun in it anymore. its so stressful everytime you get a troll or an afk, and thats not what gaming should be about, its about escapism and enjoyment. I just played my first normal on ym quest to 1000 and wasnt stressing at all even though i ran vayne against a cait, which is her hardest counter.

I ended up going 17/0/3 and had a blast even though i was getting zoned in the beginning hard. i just kept a cool head realized it wasnt worth it to freak out over nothing, and had an amazing teamfight phase. It's not that i dont think i can climb out, its that i dont want to grind right now, when i know i can get better having a good time, and eventually be so far ahead in terms of skill I can just jump out.

Sna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

I don't get why people have been bagging bronze, I play support and I am on a 8 win streak at the moment, yesterday I also got a 6 win streak.. Please tell me again how I get baddies or leavers in my games? Only reason I lost a few matches is because I played with irl friends.

DefinitelyNotADC

02-11-2013

yea i was on a 12 game streak over 2 days and climbed for just getting into bronze IV (i had like 12 LP) to 78LP in bronze III. Then i caught a wave of afk and people who i just couldn't carry, and got back to bronze IV on an 8 game slide. Bronze is a rollercoaster. 1000 wins in normals seems like a much more enjoyable and satisfying goal. Not like im good enough to make it to challenger so solo que if more stressful isn't worth it to me right now.