[GUIDE] Gangplank aka Critplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HiloBoyS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2010

This is my guide I found to be the most effective way to use gangplank.

Tree I use is 21 / 0 / 4 (Yes I am only level 25)
Runes are all crit chance and armor penetration.

Skill order:
E,Q,W,Q,Q,R

R>Q>W>E

The reason I get E first is to deny my opponent valuable exp from the start. When minions have spawned I run next to them, Kill 1 of the MELEE minions immediately, and keep running to my point of defense. By that time I can kill another one (Melee). Denying my opponents 2 minion exp / gold. Melee minions give more exp/gold than caster.

Summoner Skills:
Teleport / Clarity. Yes thats right I said it, clarity. In the beginning, this is what makes me have much more gear by the time im 6 than most of the players on the map. (Providing they havent been fed.)

Items:
I start off with brawlers gloves and 2 health pots.
1. Brawlers Gloves -> Avarice Blade
2, Another Avarice Blade
3. Tier 1 Boots of speed.
4. Zeal Blade
5. Vamp Scepter
6. Zeal Blade -> Phantom Dancer (Or the components needed for it if you go back before you have the gold. Usually the crit cape)
7. Infinity Edge
8. Vamp Scepter -> The Bloodthirster
9. Trinity Force

Most of the time I never reach step 8, but that is the item build that works the best for me.

Once you hit item 7, you will pretty much crit minions for 1k+ damage.

Strats to get the gold fast.

Get good with Parrrley. Always time it so that even if you don't crit, you will get the kill. Yes the crits come just about every 4-5 hits in the beginning, but mana is a precious thing and you need to conserve it as much as possible so that you get extra gold every time.

As soon as you have enough for the first avarice blade upgrade (only 400 more after the gloves) go back to get it and tele back to your tower. (believe me it does make a difference.) keep using parrrley last hitting the mobs, if you can help it, dont use it on enemy champions unless you really need to.

By the time your tele is back from cooldown, you should have enough for another avarice blade and possibly boots as well.

Once you tele back, you should crit attack just about once every 3 hits or so. Keep farming and once you hit level 6, keep an eye on the map for either enemy champs that are close to dying or large groups of enemy mobs. Use it on every cooldown.

Once you have enough for your Zeal recall back and purchase it, then run back to your area, combined with t1 boots, you should run just as fast as advanced running 2.

From then on you probably either took or lost a tower and it becomes a keep an eye on the map and don't get ganked fest.

Once you get up to the vamp scepter, take out the mini boss that gives the mana regen buff, this helps A LOT when it comes to parrrly farming.

Remember that E is just for the beginning to starve your opponents so you hit 6 before they do. Once you get parrrley at level 2. Only use the E skill on your balista minions unless your pushing their tower.

Don't get lazy now. whenever your parrrley is up. Use it to kill something. The key to being a good gangplank is the fact that you maximize your income because you can better than ANYONE else in the game.

Hope my strat helps.

HiloBoyS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2010

Why the negative review and no post stating why? If you have feedback on my build then please say so. I am always up to learn more.

HiloBoyS

10-27-2010

I see. Nvm my guide then. I was just asked by some people I played with on how I made my build and kept ahead of the people in my lane that were 30. I was told I should make a guide because they hardly ever see critplank played anymore.

Meh ignore my guide.

PlentyOfTurdz

03-05-2012

I Loved your guild i use it everytime i use Gang Plank thanks

TheOneMillion

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlentyOfTurdz View Post
I Loved your guild i use it everytime i use Gang Plank thanks
THis guide is from almost 2 years ago. It is NOT a good guide for gangplank anymore.

If the enemy has any brains, you will die in less than 2 seconds.

LexCor

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneMillion View Post
THis guide is from almost 2 years ago. It is NOT a good guide for gangplank anymore.

If the enemy has any brains, you will die in less than 2 seconds.
This. GP isn't a raw DPS anymore, he needs some thick skin to survive. Top/jungle tanky DPS usually sees more success. A lane sustain, farming GP is a true terror top and throughout the match.

Warrrrax

03-06-2012

I see PlentyOfTurdz is living up to his name by necroing 2 year old stuff. :-(

cloudskipper

03-06-2012

crit plank is about as useful as dps garen. sure you can crit someone with a q, but what about after? you cant melee since you are barely 2k hp. 2 cc and you die every fight. not worth it.