AD Eve! I think I haz an idea!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zair Umbras

02-11-2013

Well! I'm sure most are going to just insult AD Evelynn since you know... She's quite lacking and subpar compared to her AP counterpart that's still banned a bit often in the lower... leagues. While I know most suggestions are a bit off the wall, but I think I got an idea that might actually just work without breaking her or giving her a harsh edge over others...

Okay! So my idea is about her two AD scaling abilities. Both have decent bonus AD scalings and that's really not my priority on having changed, though her Q could definitely use another buff on that... On the correct note, I had two possible ideas for making her Q and E a bit more physical if you know what I mean...

1. Her Q and E have their damages split into physical and magical. AP increases magical and AD increases physical. Some would ask... Wouldn't this be a nerf since most would get armor to counter an AD Eve a lot harder now, buuuuuuut, this opens up a lot more items for her, specifically the brand new Black Cleaver. It has everything she loves... but it's proc doesn't go off as often as any AD caster/carry/user-of-attack-damage can get off and it would also make her abilities able to benefit from it as well. This also opens up LW as a more viable item.
Also, I am aware the split would cause some issues with champions that gain more armor or have Ar per AP or per level. (Xerath in mind, though that poor rock could use an edge on SOMEONE). I'd suggest two thirds of the base be Magic and a third be Physical, this way it's just enough to make the items viable, but not enough to cause any major issues.

2. Her Q and E do physical or magic damage based on if bonus AD or bonus AP is higher. This idea is a bit less beneficial since I have seen a number of hybrid Evelynns that do incredible and this would make her less hybrid and more focused to one or the other, hence why this is idea 2.

Please, please don't start any flame wars on this. I just want AD Eve to have a nice, happy home in the jungle or even possibly top lane. If you feel the same, leave your commentary. If you disagree, be logical about your commentary and why you don't like.

Zair Umbras

02-12-2013

Buuuump? :3

Asgael

02-12-2013

i 65% of the time go AD eve: even if she is squishy, i don't mind spending a little more of gold in def, because she has good DMG output (almost matching fiora).

Zair Umbras

02-12-2013

Her damage output is no where near Fiora. 0.o I don't know what Fioras you've seen, but an AD Eve can't compare to that amount of devastating damage. Her scalings aren't high enough to compare to Fiora.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-12-2013

wut? I thought her Q was magic damage no matter what you do

or is this suggesting a change to the kit itself?

Zair Umbras

02-12-2013

It does only do magic damage. Same with her E. It scales off of Attack Damage though. I'm suggesting a small change so it does mixed.

IS1b440bc41a2aa77748fad

02-12-2013

I've played an AD Eve somewhat for jungling. Not too bad, but most of her build still centered around AP used for other champions and AD for the creeps and monsters.

MajorSwain

02-12-2013

While I do think that certain champions should have their Hybrid options opened up, AD Eve is actually in a good spot IMO. Listen now.

AP Eve has a lot going for her. First off, AP is alot easier to get. And Rabadon's and masteries multiplies the AP by 35% and Deathfire Grasp multiplies all Magic Damage by 20%. Taken all together, AP deals a possible 55% more damage than flat AD.

So how do we bridge the gap between AP and AD?

Infinity Edge plus SoTD. Criticals multiply damage normally by 200% and with IE plus runes and masteries, it can multiply AD by 250%-305%. SoTD gives 3 'garen'teed Crits.

The build I suggest:
Sorcerer's Boots - MPen, your spells still deal MAGIC DAMAGE
Infinity Edge - AD and magnifies Crit Damage
SoTD - Guaranteed Crits
Trinity Force - Mana and Sheen proc
Blood Thirster - Pure AD and LS
Hextech Gunblade - Hybrid stuff, can be exchanged for survivability.

This will give about 370 AD and 1.5 AS, 30 LS and 20 SP and a number of other small factors. if we apply 250% to 370 AD we get 925 Physical Damage per Auto Attack (minus resistances). Combined with SoTD 3 Crits = 2775 Physical Damage. And this much damage is well over enough to kill a squishy even lategame. SoTD active 100% AS meshes with Eve's E which gives 120% AS for a total of 220% AS over 3 seconds.

This causes a fundamental change in playstyle however by focusing on AD over AP. This will mean AD Eve does less damage with her spells and relies more on her Auto Attacks to deal damage. Survivability may be a factor that needs to be accounted for by buying Health or Resistances such as Frozen Mallet.

AD Eve and AP Eve deal the same amount of Damage. AD Eve benefits more in 1v1 duels if she builds AD and LS.

I also play AD Mordekaiser if anyone wishes to ask about that.

Elf Elix

02-12-2013

I'd only recommend ad eve top lane. Mid and jungle make her ult feel necessary.

When top lane keep in mind you're pretty weak, I usually take a frozen mallet for the hp + dmg (and your E applies effects so it should apply mallet.. It attacks twice and stacks things, such as bc, and wits end.)

Just get tanky dps items. You may find Zephyr feels ever more needed later on. (especially if you take tabi, boots of swiftness, or any boots not merc treads for the Tenacity). Along with the attack speed, and dmg.

Moonscyth

02-13-2013

Are you guys ****1ng joking? I just read the most consentrated amount of dumbassedness IN MY LIFE. Im really sorry, but she is my main and I feel sensative towards her 3: AD Eve is the ****!!!!!!! OMG, she can CRUSH fiora, sorry bro, build her with homegaurd boots of mobility/swiftness, 2-3 bloodthirsters, and 2-3 phantom dancers, she doesnt need any dumbass defense when every hit she does while doing alot of damage and doing alot of hits fast heals her for a **** ton. I play AD Eve ALOT, and I end up carrying every time I do well (like %80 percent of the time) and I'm just so sorry to throw it out there, but there are so many ****bad Eve players its not even funny, try her in a non conservative pu$$y build way, go all out, she ends up having base speed of around 500, almost max attack speed, around 300 ad, and 40 or 60 percent lifesteal, she is a BOSS!!!! Screw AP Eve, she doesn't have $HIT on AD Eve, especially with all the nerfs on AP Eve, that ult nerf even hurt AD eve a little, although she doesnt have a problem with chasing moth****rs down and showing them the sideways gun, its always nice to just need to pop your minute cooldown ult instead of needing to dive, but now her **** ult doesn't even have the capacity to kill a target unless you build her with Liandray's. Just my two cents, please don't downvote because I'm calling you out, just take this from an AD Eve main who has had experience with the rest of the League, her only real competitors are Voli and Mundo purely because their potential tank builds are RIDICULOUS along with the lifesteal they usually get. But still, I've always been the tearer upper. The only catch with AD Eve is that you need a tiny boost in the start (like 2 or 3 kills, ks or not, its all in the gold to rush that first bloodthirst which procs her attack speed buff with her movement speed buff (fo chasn' down da ****as and slicin' dey necks open),