Would this work for you?

Yes 7 77.78%
No 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Locked Camera Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ajson616

02-11-2013

OK. We have all seen the threads that talk about purple and blue side having unfair advantages. We have also seen where people just ask to change where we put our HUD or why cant RIOT just mirror everything.

I honestly feel a simple solution to this would simply be to let the camera modes do what they are names for--Locked Camera Mode, and Unlocked Camera Mode. The way it is now shouldnt even be called Locked Camera, why you ask? Because the Camera that you say can be locked and unlocked freely by hitting "Y" either unlocks your camera like its supposed to or it becomes FIXED on your champion.

Anyway, what Im really trying to say here is why cant i hit "Y" to unlock my champion at the start of the game, then slightly move the camera to where i feel comfortable for the rest of the game and hit "Y" again to actually LOCK the camera. Do you see where im going with this? Right now the only options we have are Unlocked Camera Mode or FIXED on your champion mode. Truly give up the option to LOCK the camera where we see fit.

Oh, and for anybody that says well then what if you mess it up and would rather go back to it being FIXED on my champion again....Simple. Hit "Y" again to unlock your camera again, stand still for a second when your champion is safe and hit SPACEBAR then simply hit "Y" again and there you go, like nothing ever happened.

I really hope this doesnt get lost, i really feel that this could be a solution some people are looking for.

Thank you for your time.

Ajson616

02-12-2013

Why is everyone afraid to say somthing? Come on at least throw down your opinion.

Ajson616

02-12-2013

bump

Plato83

02-13-2013

I still want the HUD flipped and I'd be happy, but a freer camera lock would be nice or a step in the right direction

Ajson616

02-14-2013

Cmon peeps, stop just looking, give your opinion!!!

Mekeji

02-15-2013

I am for anything that gives more camera control options. I like to keep my camera locked unless I am surveying the map and even then I only unlock for 30-45 seconds. It helps me control my character better and keep track of where I am. I would very much like to readjust my position in the lock when I am on purple and having my skills and champ icon in the way of my view.

The lack of camera lock is actually why I didn't like Dota2. It made it hard to tell where your character is and to aim skill shots.

Ajson616

02-15-2013

thank you very much for your input!!!

Plato83

02-15-2013

what I would appreciate is a mode/option/keybinding where you could hold spacebar and it would unlock the camera, then when you let go, it would lock your camera again. holy ****, actually I'm going to post this idea in the giant camera lock thread....!

edit - apparently cuh-rap is a curse word? that's silly, Riot!

Saotomeranmaa

02-16-2013

I wonder why they do not solve this. Atm I'm considering quitting just because I can't play when I'm purple team, impossible to land skillshots when you can't see enemies because the annoying hud is in front of it...you can make it smaller, but then you have no idea how many seconds cooldown is. I mean we got useless options like seeing cooldowns in minutes but we don't have something that frustrates many peopl.

And no I can't get used to manual camera, it's a pain to control it.

Manuda

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajson616 View Post
OK. We have all seen the threads that talk about purple and blue side having unfair advantages. We have also seen where people just ask to change where we put our HUD or why cant RIOT just mirror everything.

I honestly feel a simple solution to this would simply be to let the camera modes do what they are names for--Locked Camera Mode, and Unlocked Camera Mode. The way it is now shouldnt even be called Locked Camera, why you ask? Because the Camera that you say can be locked and unlocked freely by hitting "Y" either unlocks your camera like its supposed to or it becomes FIXED on your champion.

Anyway, what Im really trying to say here is why cant i hit "Y" to unlock my champion at the start of the game, then slightly move the camera to where i feel comfortable for the rest of the game and hit "Y" again to actually LOCK the camera. Do you see where im going with this? Right now the only options we have are Unlocked Camera Mode or FIXED on your champion mode. Truly give up the option to LOCK the camera where we see fit.

Oh, and for anybody that says well then what if you mess it up and would rather go back to it being FIXED on my champion again....Simple. Hit "Y" again to unlock your camera again, stand still for a second when your champion is safe and hit SPACEBAR then simply hit "Y" again and there you go, like nothing ever happened.

I really hope this doesnt get lost, i really feel that this could be a solution some people are looking for.

Thank you for your time.
OMFG I really love this..