Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] Resolution to Leavers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BattlePandaz

02-11-2013

When a person leaves, why not just switch the player over to AI? I mean it's not much of a boost, but if you play against intermediate AI, they aren't super easy to kill. This game's AI is pretty smart and it would be a better solution than just returning the champ to the spawn point.

Has anyone seen an op Nunu AI? I've seen one. He would focus the biggest threat too. If the player returns, the champ switches back to the human and the AI feature turns off.

A simple, helpful feature. It doesn't fully resolve the entire issue as the AI does not have the full potentional of a human player, BUT it can provide some assistance.

Ling Chi

Recruiter

02-11-2013

I'd rather have a 4v5 than a CO-OP bot AI. Teh feeds.

Necra Gules

02-11-2013

Did you know that if one player quits, one of the bots does as well? Until that player comes back at least..

I do enjoy your suggestion, I just don't know if as many people would appreciate it. Just taking into consideration the friends I have who like to earn their own kills and deaths and also not have it be some AI's fault that got him/her a 5 death streak while he happened to be d/c'd...

Also seeing as the bots we have to choose from are limited, I don't think someone playing a (example) Teemo would be given an AI since we can't even choose or ever see a Teemo as a selection in those intermediate bot matches... That's just my assumption.

But remember, I never said I agreed OR disagreed with this idea. I think it's a smart thought.

Valrion

02-11-2013

I'd like this idea if they improved the A.I on the bots further, I'm pretty sure a few other mobas already do this. (Awesomenauts comes to mind.)

At the moment (to make bots "hard&quot
I do 2 humans vs 5 bots in dominion (summoners rift is still too easy.)

Definitely adds challenge to the game with 2v5 on dom (on rift bots don't push lanes much whereas on dominion they generally do.)

Phallicies

02-12-2013

Quote:
BattlePandaz:
When a person leaves, why not just switch the player over to AI? I mean it's not much of a boost, but if you play against intermediate AI, they aren't super easy to kill. This game's AI is pretty smart and it would be a better solution than just returning the champ to the spawn point.

Has anyone seen an op Nunu AI? I've seen one. He would focus the biggest threat too. If the player returns, the champ switches back to the human and the AI feature turns off.

A simple, helpful feature. It doesn't fully resolve the entire issue as the AI does not have the full potentional of a human player, BUT it can provide some assistance.

I Like this idea, but i think it should play according to their current MMR, so depending on what it is, it might go anywhere from beginner-intermediate-advanced(not created yet i don't think)

Its definitely a great idea that should be votable by the team thats down an ally. I say this because Some people are more inclined to want a 4v5. and giving them the option is never a bad thing.

And when does KDA matter? are we in Black Ops where all we care about is how good are KDA? ultimately it comes down to whether you win or lose a game, and having a bot is better than having no one at all.

Alpha Shenron

02-12-2013

I love the idea...Having a missing player in a 4v5 is just detrimental to your chances of winning.

Candellumin

Huntsman

02-12-2013

I've been playing Co-op vs. AI heavily since I started playing on this account, and if there is one thing that I've learned, it's that bots are stupid. Sure, they have amazing reaction times, but they always run in a set path, come back to lane if they're above a certain health threshold, and run away at the most inopportune times for them.

Unless the AI gets some serious work, I highly doubt that this would help a team in any way. If anything, the bot would probably make things worse by feeding as is right now.

canopy

02-12-2013

Quote:
Necra Gules:
Did you know that if one player quits, one of the bots does as well? Until that player comes back at least..

I do enjoy your suggestion, I just don't know if as many people would appreciate it. Just taking into consideration the friends I have who like to earn their own kills and deaths and also not have it be some AI's fault that got him/her a 5 death streak while he happened to be d/c'd...

Also seeing as the bots we have to choose from are limited, I don't think someone playing a (example) Teemo would be given an AI since we can't even choose or ever see a Teemo as a selection in those intermediate bot matches... That's just my assumption.

But remember, I never said I agreed OR disagreed with this idea. I think it's a smart thought.

To the bolded-I'm pretty sure that there is only a certain amount of bots that will quit if players quit. If I'm not mistaken I have been on a team before where 3 people quit and there were still 3 or 4 bots on the other side. If what you are saying is true all around there should have only been 2 opposing bots.

However, I'm also not completely sure I like OP's suggestion. I think just taking out the bots for every person that DC's/is AFK for 10+mins would be a better idea.

Offensive Name

Recruiter

02-13-2013

Bot behavior is extremely easy to recognize and abuse. A player who disconnects turns the game into a 4v5, which sucks. But a player who disconnects, gets botted, and dies 8 times loses the game for their team..

iZallen

02-13-2013

Preferably, Id like to be able to control 2 champions, like in DOTA 2 when someone leaves.