Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


For the new TT lovers

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyo Hanaki

Junior Member

02-11-2013

Can tell me why this new map is good? i want to read your opinions


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atik L Yar

Senior Member

02-11-2013

It's small, and easy to get around. You can quickly shift between lanes to meet up with your team and turn the tide of a battle.

The matches are faster, allowing me to get more into a shorter time span. (Which is good when you have a crazy schedule.) And there is less boring downtime.

The map itself is also dark and sinister looking, really appeals to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scazzaf

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Fun things are fun.
I like the fact that its more based around small scale skirmishes, makes each member of the team feel more important and dynamic.
I mostly played 3v3s before it changed into the new map, and I like both maps just fine.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lime Josh

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Atik L Yar:
It's small, and easy to get around. You can quickly shift between lanes to meet up with your team and turn the tide of a battle.

The matches are faster, allowing me to get more into a shorter time span. (Which is good when you have a crazy schedule.) And there is less boring downtime.

The map itself is also dark and sinister looking, really appeals to me.


first thing: "matches are faster, and less boring down time"
"boring down time" i would consider looking for players in a que or arguing over your outcome in a post game lobby.

2nd: "the map its self looks dark and sinister"
this has alwasy been TT, its part of it, just look @ the old TT que pick, the winding path with dark scenarie behind it.

on topic:
i feel a lot of people like the "faster" game play design,( basicaly the people who tranitioned from 5s and rely on ganks to win lanes) "ganking" is not a legit skill requring skill, some methods are of course, but almost all require no skil to pull off.
lots of people absolutely HATED the fact a team could turtle for 20-30 mins then ace you and win(which can still happen pretty easily).
Come next season who knows? maybe riot has another version of our 3v3 style maps to show us. the could bring back the real Twisted Treeline and rase the Shadow Isles completly or keep them seperate( i feel if more people played TT, maybe more light was shown on TT, more people would play and could Open many doors for competative TT Play).

sorry about spelling, i type fast and i dont care what internet trolls think of my grammur


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Lime Josh:

on topic:
i feel a lot of people like the "faster" game play design,( basicaly the people who tranitioned from 5s and rely on ganks to win lanes) "ganking" is not a legit skill requring skill, some methods are of course, but almost all require no skil to pull off.


lol wut, no.

Quote:

sorry about spelling, i type fast and i dont care what internet trolls think of my grammur


Then why'd you even bring it up?

Anyways...I do love the smaller map size compared to the old TT. I like the new hp/mp/speed relic (though I did like the speed shrine). I like the altars; I think they bring a nice addition to team fights and objectives.

But like one of the previous posters said...it's just fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demacry

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Lime Josh:

i feel a lot of people like the "faster" game play design,( basicaly the people who tranitioned from 5s and rely on ganks to win lanes) "ganking" is not a legit skill requring skill, some methods are of course, but almost all require no skil to pull off.


That's just stupid. I main Ahri and Syndra mid on SR and I guarantee you most main-mid players don't need ganks to win their lane.

Personally I love the new map for the extra importance it puts on skirmishes and map awareness. Rewarding players who use critical thinking and position/prepare properly is a great concept and game mechanic imo.

Games where both teams are constantly capturing and recapturing altars are tons of fun and really speed up the pace of the game (that 80 gold per player, per capture stacks pretty quick).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AndersMMO

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Lime Josh:
"ganking" is not a legit skill requring skill, some methods are of course, but almost all require no skil to pull off.


After I read this you lost any remote chance of me believing anything you said.

Please, try playing a jungler at 2k+ 3v3 ELO and tell me that correctly hitting ganks against players who not only know they're coming but also know the preconditions for them; isn't requiring of skill.

You're just one of the countless unadaptable trolls whining for old TT cause they can't deal with the new one requiring you not only be mechanically skilled but also have the macro knowledge of how, when, where, and why to team fight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmokingJoeNL

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Ânders:
After I read this you lost any remote chance of me believing anything you said.

Please, try playing a jungler at 2k+ 3v3 ELO and tell me that correctly hitting ganks against players who not only know they're coming but also know the preconditions for them; isn't requiring of skill.

You're just one of the countless unadaptable trolls whining for old TT cause they can't deal with the new one requiring you not only be mechanically skilled but also have the macro knowledge of how, when, where, and why to team fight.



You make a great point for why this new map is boring.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AndersMMO

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
SmokingJoeNL:
You make a great point for why this new map is boring.


Lol? You completely misinterpret what I said and are taking it way out of context.

What I said is that at high skill levels, ganks necessitate skills because when you reach a certain level of finesse and experience, you can tell when and why things are coming.

And to be honet, at high level play in ANYTHING people will know what's coming and why it's coming. You think in Gladiator-rated WoW arena people don't see your CDs coming? In Platinum SC2 people don't see the potential for a 4gate in a PvP match-up? In high ELO or Tourney SR people don't know approximately when junglers are clearing buffs or where wards will probably be?

Does that make all of the above boring? Far from it.

It forces ingenuity to break the mold of the presumable and give rise to innovative and competition-worthy skill.

If anything, my statement proves unequivocally the superiority of the new map to the old because it brings forth an environment that will be provocative of competitive potential.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sockevin91

Junior Member

02-12-2013

For me its the diverse bot comps that you get. I think its much more fun than the only duo lane you get on SR which is adc and support


12