Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion - Mac Game Client] Allow system keybinds to be disabled or changed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Needles K

02-11-2013

I think there should really be an option somewhere to make it so that keyboard shortcuts like command-Q do not cause the player to leave games.

The problem is that command is right beside the option key, and in fact is where the option key is located on Windows keyboards — and of course Q is the default keybinding for your first spell. This means that it's fairly easy to accidentally leave the game unless you change your spell bindings to specifically avoid the standard Mac keys, which is really not a good solution IMO. I'm not sure how often this happens accidentally, but abruptly leaving a game like that is so bad that I don't think it should be anywhere near this easy.

There is a workaround right now — you need to go into the Keyboard System Preferences, find the latest version of the game client inside the LOL bundle and change the Quit shortcut for that to something besides command-Q. But of course this will stop working every time LOL is updated because the path to the application changes.

So I think one of the following three options should be added, in descending order of preference:

1. The game should allow disabling or rebinding command-Q

2. The game should have a different default binding for Quit altogether

3. Quitting the game with command-Q should trigger the same "Are you sure you want to quit?" prompt that the in-game quit command does (I think this is the worst solution to implement by itself because accidentally triggering that dialog isn't a great outcome either — but it would still be an improvement)

shucheng cao

03-06-2013

Agre!eee!!!eeeee

Hypocrisy

04-27-2013

Bump

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-27-2013

Quote:
Tempest Bread:
Bump

For future reference, if you have an issue that is shared with the live mac client, visit the official bug reports forum, the suggestion forum, or the mac forum, not the PBE forum.

I'm mildly amused that you searched for this obscure old thread in the PBE forums, and missed the half dozen threads in the mac forum describing exactly how to do what you want.
---

While in game, hit Esc, More Options, then Allow System Keybindings. This will disable most OS keybinds, and free them up so that you can use them as custom keybindings.

Notably, cmd+tab and the F7-F12 media and volume keys still work with this option on.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-27-2013

*oops*