THE way to prevent ALL DODGES.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hazz26

02-20-2013

This is great, i'd love to see this put in by riot, amazing idea!

Mega Leet Sauce

02-21-2013

Another two flaws, what if me and 4 friends all wait till we have OP champs, and dodge them. Then we go into a game together with a broken team comp which we keep until someone finally plays with us. A lot of set up, yes, but a guaranteed win.

Also, what happens if you dodge a free week champion, and you dont play again until the free week is over? Are you still forced to play?

I like the idea, it just has some flaws.

IwasHeresy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

i prefer riot ban their IP for more than 48h !!!

HAVE A PILLORY

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Leet Sauce View Post
Another two flaws, what if me and 4 friends all wait till we have OP champs, and dodge them. Then we go into a game together with a broken team comp which we keep until someone finally plays with us. A lot of set up, yes, but a guaranteed win.

Also, what happens if you dodge a free week champion, and you dont play again until the free week is over? Are you still forced to play?

I like the idea, it just has some flaws.
The first case was already mentioned but as stated in earlier posts there's still a chance of somebody else having the same bound character and the game giving it to them instead.

As for the second case that couldn't happen with a 24 hour character bind unless you did it on the night/morning before the free week rotation changes. If that did occur it would do the same thing it always did and say that the champion was unavailable. I've been told if you didn't have any characters remaining that were unpicked and unbanned that you would be randomed into anybody across the whole roster, but there isn't really much chance for that to happen in an ARAM due to three factors- there aren't bans in ARAMs and there are only up to ten slots; the ten free week champions also now hot patch during a rotation instead of requiring you to relog to update the roster.

FrostRevenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

You've made the awful error of assuming that all dodgers are simply unhappy with their champion. While I've never dodged over my champion I dodge if I think the enemy team is going to face roll us. We've all had those one sided games before. The problem is the enemy team comp is too good, whether by high sustain or poke your team never had a chance. Your team can't kill anyone and 8 mins in your inhibitor is already down. There's nothing you can do but watch a horrible slaughter continue, at the 12 min mark your nexus is getting destroyed and you wonder to yourself, what was the point of even playing this when you had no chance. There in lies a key idea. If you knew for a fact that you had 0% chance of winning a game, would you still play it? For the majority they wouldn't. The thing about it is, even with a subpar comp there's usually a chance that you can win. That's why you play to win, not lose.
While a queue and leaver penalties would exist it might not resolve all of the problems listed. I for one would still dodge if I felt like my team had absolutely no chance. I just can't have fun with a Faceroll game. Besides waiting 5 mins for another game is better than sitting through a grueling 10-15 minutes of futility.
This is probably the biggest problem to approach. Preventing one team from being extremely slanted.

Rememdium

02-25-2013

Something I've observed is a dodger being someone the host invited, then they invite them again, I always leave those games regardless if I'm in the benefiting team or not.

What I would like is if you dodge queue for it to result in an instant ban from that game room, so people can continue to go into queue until they have a perfect team.

Judge Wapner

02-27-2013

I see people abusing this to use a champ they want. Say you get Lux in a game but you don't like the other team comp, so you dodge, expecting to be able to use Lux again, and you can keep dodging until the other team sucks. A flat time penalty would be easier and less prone to abuse.

Judge Wapner

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebroohammer View Post
I would love for this play style to have a match maker although I fear I wouldn't be able to play it when I dodge horrible ranked set ups. I think it would be cool if before the random it would let people ban champs they either A) don't want to play or B) don't want the other team to get.
Draft Random? Sounds interesting actually .

Silvaticus08

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghealer View Post
TL;DR: Suggestion: If a player dodges an ARAM, they will always be assigned the champion they dodged until they don't dodge it.
This could be too easily exploited by a group of people to get nothing but carries or champs considered OP on PG.

Honestly I feel that once it's made a legitimate queue that doing a separate progressive tier "can't queue in aram for x amount of time" will work just fine, but we'll see.

Doghealer

03-03-2013

Holy heck, this thread is still around? And has a +35 post rating? (Heck, I was expecting to be downvoted for admitting to dodging, when introducing the inspiration for this idea.)

I'll be honest: I originally made this thread as sort of a joke. Kind of as a roundabout message to ARAM'ers to "stop ****ing dodging". I'm fully aware it's flawed, in that A) it can be abused and B) people could just make "dump your bind" games to get around the issue.

I've kind of abandoned this idea for this precise reason:

Quote:
-First, this idea would be vastly easier to implement if ARAM was a matchmade mode. It's not required, but I see the coding being a lot cleaner. (Though I still do want ARAM as a matchmade mode, so make it happen anyway!)
It's been made clear to me that ARAM matchmaking is on its way. I don't know when it's coming, just that it is. This "knowledge" is based on this thread, which has overwhelming support, including from a few Rioters: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2331728

Most importantly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
I guess I will also poke around on the engineering side to get this prioritized. The creation of ARAM originally has been a PuG during a programming contest at Riot, few Rioters just decided to form a group to make an ARAM map and then add it to the custom game. Adding ARAM to the matchmaking queue requires a little more work, but once (game) design approves the concept any platform engineer can do it within a reasonable time. Then it will go though QA, release, etc...
A matchmaking queue would better-solve the issue, with queue dodge timers. That said, this idea would still be effective in a matchmaking queue...in addition to being much less abusable. So, I dunno. We'll see what happens.