THE way to prevent ALL DODGES.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrosPigeon

02-12-2013

Two people join two different ARAMs and get the same champion and both dodge to join another ARAM on the same side. Lul

Babycakes

02-12-2013

gg get logic owned

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghealer View Post
Yeah, I quickly realized that a lot of complications would arise in instances like this. I tried to answer them, but I'm still not entirely satisfied with what I came up with. Like I said, this would be soooooo much cleaner if ARAM became matchmade, because matchmaking could intentionally avoid matching two players bound to the same champion, thus eliminating the need for a bound champion queue altogether.

I answered you last question in the original post, but I suppose I'll clarify.

If two people (say, you and a guy I'll dub SummonerX) are both bound to Udyr and you both enter the same ARAM, only one of you gets Udyr. Lets say that's SummonerX. You will get a random champion as normal, and you'll be able to trade it as normal (However, you won't be able to trade with SummonerX for Udyr, because SummonerX is bound to Udyr and can't trade.).

From here, there are four possibilities:

1: The game goes through. You play the game, and one team wins. Now, SummonerX is unbound from Udyr. You, however, are still bound to Udyr because you didn't end up playing him. (In essence, you still haven't "served your sentence", so you aren't lifted from it.)

2: The game begins, but doesn't end. This could be because all ten players left the game, or because the servers crashed during the game. Nothing happens to binding states; both you and SummonerX are still bound to Udyr.

3: You dodge. You are now bound to both Udyr AND the champion you got. Later on, if you complete a game as Udyr, you'll become unbound from him, but you're still bound to the second champion, and have to complete a game with him as well. If you keep dodging as different champions, you'll continue to get bound to more and more champions.

4: Someone other than you dodges. Neither you nor SummonerX have their binding states changed; you are both still bound to Udyr. If both of you stay in the same room, it might be you that ends up as Udyr instead of summoner X when the game goes into champion select again.

TL;DR: This system makes a solid point: Don't dodge, and you won't get screwed.

I guess my point was that the complications would require complicated rules like what you explained above. Riot wants matchmaking to be SIMPLE and this definitely wouldn't accomplish it.

There is simply no way in hell that Riot would implement all this, instead of just making a matchmaking queue.
So while I support the theory, it is kind of a moot point.

Hebroohammer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

I would love for this play style to have a match maker although I fear I wouldn't be able to play it when I dodge horrible ranked set ups. I think it would be cool if before the random it would let people ban champs they either A) don't want to play or B) don't want the other team to get.

Floben

02-13-2013

I really like this idea the only thing is that I think he should be able to trade his champion because what if another person wants that champion? Then the bound is affecting someome who didn't do anything to deserve it. Other than that. awesome idea.

FerSaya

02-13-2013

24 hours seems like a lot to me. I love your idea, but I think 15-30 minutes would be better.

HolidayRush

02-13-2013

Seems like a fairly good idea to stop dodgers to me. Personally I've dodged an ARAM twice in about 500 ARAMS and about 1800 lobbies (I play on PBE for much larger champ pool and more rune pages, I've heard PBE gets more dodgers like that). Once i dodged because i had gotten release Rengar for the third game in the row and i hated playing him the first two times and no one would swap, then second time was because I realized after joining that i just flat out didn't want to play LoL at all, with the champ not factoring in at all and I remember that it was at least someone i wouldn't mind playing most of the time.

awkwardbowman

02-13-2013

So what is your suggestion when someone gets bound to a champion and then plays the game and just intentionally feeds or afk's? All you're doing is forcing people to play that champ and making them and their future team unhappy with their performance. Essentially, you're turning a lot of dodgers into trolls. Yes it's annoying to have a ton of people dodge, but I don't think forcing them to be stuck with a champion is the way to go.

MuitosCenouraos

02-13-2013

yeah the solution is just to not allow dodging, instastart the game, if you dodge it just puts you back at the rejoin the game option...even if you're still at the picking of runes part

AlphariusRising

02-15-2013

People could be dodging because of their teamcomp or enemy teamcomp.

Like "cool I got nidalee."
But your team is Udyr, Warwick, Volibear and Vi against Blitzcrank, Master Yi, Sona, Caitlyn, and Alistar.