Champion Loading Screen taking forever

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemonHybrid23

02-11-2013

Hey,

So, my champion loading screen is taking a while. The weird thing is that I've always kept it on the same settings, and it's been progressively getting worse.

Here's the lowdown:

-I used to be the fastest on average to load, and now I'm consistently the slowest or the 2nd to slowest.
-A big problem is that it takes forever for my champion loading screen to even come up. 30 seconds or longer.
-When my screen finally does come up, it takes almost the same amount of time, if not slightly longer, to load a game in comparison to everyone else, making the main problem the time from when the loading starts to when my screen actually comes up
-I've tried freeing some HDD space. My connection is fine (96 ping), I have 62 or 63 consistent FPS in game on the highest settings. I've run CCleaner, defragmented, disk cleaned and I use programs that boost the performance of some programs (Razer game booster and ProLasso). I also don't have many things running in the background. Just things like Steam, Whatpulse and my antivirus software.
-Interesting to note: It also takes forever for me to get to my stats screen after a game.

Any thoughts? Restarting my comp, as well, doesn't do anything. Is it possible for a processor to wear out over time and cause these sorts of problems?

Some basic computer specs:

Quad core AMD A8-3500 APU 1.5GHz, AMD Radeon HD 6620G, 1366x768 reso, 8 gigs of RAM. HP dv6 laptop, basically, with 6 more gigs of RAM installed.

DemonHybrid23

02-12-2013

Bump

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-13-2013

Loading screen time is primarily determined by your processor with some factors from your connection.

Given that the problem was overtime (and especially if it seems to gradually be getting worse, and double especially if you're on a laptop) you may want to double check and see if your processor is overheating.

I could also be a corruption issue, in which case you may want to try running a repair in your patcher or just a reinstall of the game to see if that improves your performance.

DemonHybrid23

02-13-2013

Thank you for the help.