Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

About the state of Rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wero34

02-15-2013

Add +0.2 AD ratio to his W

Noble Fury

02-15-2013

Rengar is still a beast lol...

Jungle with him. Situational pick if they have more than two squishes. Wriggles > treads > brutalizer > spirit visage > cleaver > warmogs > atmas/maw (depends). He is balanced right now.

Qeuscis

02-15-2013

BT+SotD
Make your enemies rage so hard they surrender at 20.

Wero34

02-15-2013

Quote:
Qeuscis:
BT+SotD
Make your enemies rage so hard they surrender at 20.

Crit (like tiamat/hydra) only affect the basic attack from his q, not so omg

thefunkyphresh

02-15-2013

Honestly, every time I play him in lane, I even out/get dunked. But then late game comes around and I have my Mallet and Mogs, and own the carry and never die.

Wero34

02-15-2013

Quote:
thefunkyphresh:
Honestly, every time I play him in lane, I even out/get dunked. But then late game comes around and I have my Mallet and Mogs, and own the carry and never die.

honestly, any carry with dash/flash, can escape from rengar, at this point, rengar is forced to fight with tanks/bruisiers in where rengar cannot escape either cannot land significant damage in benefit to his own team.

Krimson62

02-15-2013

lets compare rengar and Vi for a second.

Vi's weakness is that she cannot stick to a target. Rengar has this as well

Vi and rengar are both guaranteed to reach their target when they ult

now we'll get to the differences
Vi's waveclear... actually clears waves. rengar can not kill minion waves with his roar anymore

Vis Q as she charges her attack goes up by 50/80/110/140/170 with a 70% AD ratio. the ability itself does 100/160/220/280/340 with a 140% AD ratio. totalling 150/240/330/420/510 + 210% AD ratio
It is also a gap closer

Rengars Q does 30/60/90/120/150 with a 100% AD ratio and can double when empowered maxing at 60/120/180/240/300 and a 300% AD ratio. This means rengar needs 189 more AD than Vi to break even on his Q IF he combos into it

Vi's W does % health damage allowing her to build tanky and still do well.

Rengar has a slight resistance buff for a very small amount of time with his W. allowing him to invest more in AD it is also attached to his AoE waveclear.

Now let's compare their waveclearing.
Vi's waveclear does 5/20/35/50/65 with a 115% AD ratio AND a 70% AP ratio and can be used twice to double the effect totaling 10/40/70/100/130 with a 230% AD ratio and 140% AP ratio.

Rengars waveclear does 50/80/110/140/170 with an 80% AP ratio. if doubled he does 100/160/220/280/340 with a 160% AP ratio, plus a small heal, but doing this will also remove the burst from his Q. Vi's base AD is enough to make her waveclear as strong as rengars, and any extra she buys makes it stronger.

this leaves bola strike compared to Vi's W.. which really is not much of a comparison since they really have nothing in common.

In short Vi outclasses rengar in mobility, Damage output (even when empowered), CC, tankiness, and her 10% health shield allows her to absorb as much damage as pre-heal-nerf rengar every 8 seconds.

the only thing rengar has that vi does not do better is stealth, but who needs stealth when you can simply click on your target and lock them down while doing more damage than rengar could if built equally

StealthRemakePls

02-15-2013

valuable feedback here, we need to roll this over to the appropriate departments. stand by.

Saltyboyy

Recruiter

02-18-2013

Guys I am probably going to get flamed for this, but its not that Riot does not want to buff Rengar its that they cannot. He is a broken champion with really bad mechanics. The only real way to fix Rengar is to remake him which they will not anytime soon. I'm sorry for the Rengar players out there I am one myself, but he is going to stay underpowered. Also, with the comparison to Vi you forgot to mention that Rengar does not use mana. He essentially can stay in lane forever and heal himself that is a really bad mechanic and if Riot buffed him he would be OP again.

Logan Richardson

02-19-2013

Quote:
dogbiter:
when GD says somethings is bad, they are most likely wrong. it has happened before (and with rengar too)

^All this^
People are going to downvote and disagree because people have selective memory.
Wait what??Examples???

Urgot. Proven to be viable in tourneys even after he was placed into the "Urgot/Trash Tier"