About the state of Rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mini Sombrero

02-11-2013

I'd love a buff, but right now, Rengar isn't too bad top lane. I still find him extremely fun and he's one of my favorites. No more facerolling but I still love his burst and bush-play. You have to have a lot more strategy with the ult use but I still find him semi-viable. Best game I've had since the buff after nerfs was 19-9-10, ehhhh, but fun.

killa pizza

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeke View Post
Well, what OP says it's true... His AD part was nerfed, his AP part was nerfed, his tanky part was nerfed...

But to be honest, I think that he is fine at the moment. It's a little weird, but I think that he is balanced. After the recents buffs he feels nice.
Cause you never see him?

Burstskee

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Housewife View Post
Right now Rengar averages between a 40% and 43% win rate. Furthermore, he is almost never picked after receiving heavy nerfs he can neither be played AD, AP, or Tanky. As far as I know, no other champion received such a heavy series of nerfs in the short amount of time Rengar did.

Looking at it, he was first nerfed on his AD. Afterwards people started building him AP. This too got nerfed and so people started building him tanky. After this got nerfed, there is almost no viable path to go with Rengar.

At this point in time, Rengar is incapable of fulfilling any role in a decent manner. He can't jungle and he gets destroyed by almost every top. Are there any plans to fix Rengar so that he is somewhat playable again?
He's Heimerdinger 2.0

killa pizza

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbiter View Post
when GD says somethings is bad, they are most likely wrong. it has happened before (and with rengar too)
Nope I have played multiple games and they have literally nerfed every aspect of rengar in the game....

killa pizza

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeke View Post
First of all, I play him as a jungler.

He has this awesome gameplay of a hunter. I stopped playing rengar when they nerfed his ult (Not the 3 secs before stealth if being attacked, but the duration. Those 2 seconds did hurt his gameplay, his ult only felt like a gap closer.). After they reverted that nerf, I started playing him again.

He has great lvl 2 ganks, and have good ganks through the game. Early game, yes, he is kinda squishy/doesn't have that good sustain, but I try to use W empowered and get as much ferocity as possible. That makes jungling easier.

He can gank ANY lane after lvl 6, it's like prenerf evelynn. He is suddenly there and can kill you. Yes, maybe not that high damage and a stun, but he can be dryhumping you without noticing.

I LOVE to get cdr on rengar, I feel like it's a must to get max CDR. And it's kind of cheap to afford it.

Rengar revolves around his ULT, ITEM, Q and FEROCITY. By getting Max cdr you are able to have your ult up everytime you need it, you are able to stack ferocity really fast and being able to do lots of empowered Q's.

Rengar can have like 1.6-1.7 Attack Speed with no attack speed items. That's is something really good and strong. Pair that with Youmuu's (That's right, youmuu's) and you can get up to 2.0 Attack speed.

His Ult let's you get up to two empowered Q's. that's a lot of damage (Have 5 ferocity, Use Q, Ult, wait till 3-4 ferocity, jump to your prey, empowered Q, combo here, another empowered Q.)

His Item is really cost-effective when you get to lvl 14 more or less or get stacks (Which you will get everygame. Maybe if you are getting stomped you won't get stacks, but that's an scenario in which, any item won't be good.).

I usually follow this build(No order): Wriggles, Kindlegem, Brutalizer, Ionian boots of lucidity, Bonetooth necklace.

Like I said, CDR is the stat you must be looking to get on Rengar. And Kinglegem can be upgraded into Spirit Visage or Zeke's and Brut into Youmuu's or black cleaver.

Overall, I think that his gameplay is really fun, I believe he is really strong, maybe not as strong as he used to, but definitely not weak.

Maybe he can use a tweak here or there, but not a huge buff.

TL;DR: CDR is your friend, abuse your ult.
All I can say is that you are building like a really crappy sub support tanky rengar and no one is stupid enough to just stand near a bush when rengar jungle is on the playing field

Outshine

02-11-2013

Same for Olaf he is at a 40% winrate when pre-nerf was around 49%.

Rockman

02-11-2013

Want I would like from Rengar.

Scaling on his empowered Q. Instead of just 100% bonus all the time.

Fix his ult. If it is for intiation, it should be better.

Hero Imposter

02-13-2013

welp. the fact that being under attack prevents his ult from firing for another few seconds is a bag over the head punch in the face. lol

i love him though, best champ in the game imo.
cant stop the gar.

PwnSword

02-15-2013

The problem is that it just takes too much to make him a decent hero, he needs Lot's of CDR, he need Damage, and he needs health, now it is just to expensive to get all this stuff early game, or even mid. If you do not go damage, you will not be able to even 1 vs 1 a caster... like try going level 4 rengar vs level 4 xin, or lee sin, or anyone really, you pop your Q and your W, now what, you E them to get some distance, so you can wait on your CD's... He can't 1 vs 1 for ****. Maybe lower CD on W so it can at least be up entire fight, or 50% of fight, like 10 seconds CD would be better than what it is now, or 12. And please buff Q a little bit, like someone said 125% would be better.

Voidgolem

02-15-2013

my opinion? Buff Q to 150/300% AD instead of basically being autoattack + 30.

maybe give W like +20 damage.